DHIS2 to PowerBI connector is ready! Check out the video, test it, use it and give us feedback!

@WaluQ

Hi, I am confirming that the existing DHIS2-PowerBI Connector has been tested and works with versions 2.30 through 2.37. We do periodically check the connector with new releases and will continue to do so.

We also know that the connector has mixed performance with much older DHIS2 versions, such as 2.27 as highlighted by @Om_Maharjan , whom we are working with on a work around.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Great, thank you for the notification.

1 Like

Does the DHIS2 BI connector work for the event and tracker program now? in the user manual in 2019, the developer, @BAO_Systems, promised it was in the connector’s roadmap for future development efforts.

Thanks,
Derebe

2 Likes

Thanks @Derebe! You are right there is a note in the roadmap. Just in case @BAO_Systems doesn’t get a notification. Tagging @alanivey @Busoye @dhuser @plinnegan

Would be great to hear if there is any insight?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Derebe !
You’re right that we @BAO_Systems had originally intended to expand the connector functionality to allow for Program-based data. However, a key challenge is that Program datasets are generally too large to import and refresh (the connector fetches all metadata and data values), leading to users experiencing timeouts/crashing the system. To circumvent this challenge we can work with you to either (1) design a template that allows for incremental loading or (2) implement a more scalable data platform to ingest DHIS2 and other data, store data in a data lake/warehouse, and streamline data import into Power BI.

If you would like more information, please reach out to me at: klew@baosystems.com or info@baosystems.com.

2 Likes

@BAO_Systems is it possible to get

1. DHIS2 reporting rate of a dataset in power bi
  2. legend
    Thanks

Hi @mutali

Would you please create a new topic post explaining the use case and what you want to implement?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Gassim ,
I was able to get the completeness using the analytics API. /api/analytics and add reporting rate parameter
Thanks

1 Like

@Gassim kindly where can i find the Dhis2 powerbi connector.

1 Like

Hi @faith_chepkoech

All DHIS2 apps that have been approved by the DHIS2 global team can be found in the App Management app; however, some apps may not appear in the App Management app if it it’s not compatible with the version so those can be downloaded from the the DHIS2 apphub (DHIS2 App Hub).

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much @Gassim let me try out with this.

1 Like

Does not seem to be visible in version 2.39. As far as I can see.
M

1 Like

You are right, but there are cases when other community members were able to use an app in a higher version by installing the ZIP file, but I’d say to test in a test environment first and follow the general guidelines when installing apps using ZIP files.

I am using the DHIS2 Power Bi Connector (DHIS2 App Hub) . Previous tests have worked but with this instance, I am getting this issue, it takes a long time to load and after it loads the Data Element Value table is empty. HAs any one run into this problem? Thanks

Hi @Jacodia

Welcome to the DHIS2 Community of Practice! :tada:

There might be some helpful points on the topic post: DHIS2 to PowerBI connector is ready! Check out the video, test it, use it and give us feedback!

What version of DHIS2 are you using for this instance?

Thanks!

Morning, thanks for the response. This is the version:

Hi I have the same issue, did you get a solution to this? Thanks

Hi @katherinelew (@BAO_Systems)

Any idea to what could be causing @Jacodia’s issue above? The data element table appears empty after loading. Thanks!

Hi @Jacodia
It’s not an answer to the problem, but is there any special reason for using the connector?

My suggestion is that you do this integration using the DHIS2 API, which is in my opinion the best way to integrate Dhis2 + PowerBi.
Thanks

Thanks

2 Likes

My previous knowledge of Dhis2 to PowerB1 Connector app work with Dhis2 version 2.33 or less. So i am not sure if it is upgraded to work with Dhis2 version 2.37, 2.38,2.38