The ICF “Alliance for Public Health” (http://aph.org.ua) announces a competition for two consultants on database support on the DHIS2 platform in Ukraine and other countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Information about the project:
Since 2019 the ICF “Alliance for Public Health” implements the Project Rights-Evidence-Action (REAct) to record violations of the human rights of key populations vulnerable to HIV and tuberculosis (TB) and to response to them.
REAct is a project that was developed by Frontline AIDS, UK (https://frontlineaids.org/) and is able to document a wide range of human rights issues, barriers in access to HIV prevention and healthcare services. Such information is strategically important for the implementation and ensuring an adequate response to violations of rights at the individual level (first of all, referral to receiving legal, medical, psychosocial and other services) and for high-quality programmatic responses and improving policy and advocacy at the national, regional and global levels. The collection of data within the framework of the project takes place through a database built on the DHIS2 platform.
Within the framework of this competition, the following consultants will be selected:
- Consultant on database support on the DHIS2 platform in Ukraine.
- Consultant on database support on the DHIS2 platform in other countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Required skills and competencies:
- At least 2 years of DHIS2 configuration and administration experience – mandatory.
- Experience in Performing systems analysis, design, development and maintenance on DHIS2 - mandatory.
- Expertise in information system management especially on web-based software platforms and database administration will be an added advantage.
- Experience in adapting and implementing information systems in multi-country development programs will be an advantage.
- Education in computer science or engineering.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written) - mandatory.
- Knowledge of Russian - is an advantage.
- Ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail and responsibility for provided solutions.
- Understanding of human rights programs in the HIV context will be an asset.
- Customize and maintain the database on the DHIS2 platform and align it to the APH processes and procedures.
- Design and update data entry forms (in the Tracker Capture app) and customize the database with the APH determined data element groups, data element categories, data sets, indicators, data visualization, organization units, user roles and rights etc.
- Develop Dashboards with frequently used favorites and standard reports based on the user-determined information products.
- Configure Event Reports, Pivot Tables apps based on APH requirements.
- Set quality assurance parameters (e.g., approval and acceptance of data) and data validation and program rules.
- Determine and develop various types of reporting content, formats, and frequency based on APH requirements.
- Configure the data visualizer for the database to generate the required reports.
- Configure DHIS2 on Android to ensure data entry via mobile devices.
- Configure SMS and e-mails delivery as required.
- Day-to-day support of the system and its users in Ukraine and other countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Configure the data administration module to ensure the proper administration of the database.
- Conduct a vulnerability testing of all the elements of the database.
- Support APH to host the database on the selected hosting solution.
- Support and updating of the programmatic solutions in the system.
- Develop training materials for the core team and also train the core team on customization, system management, and administration.
- Conducting trainings for users of the system.
- Participation in international trainings and workshops on the functioning of the system.
- Other tasks related to updating and functioning of the system.
Job format – consultancy contract, remote, part-time.
Period of contract: 01.01.2021 to 31.12.2021 with possibility of extension.
How to apply:
Please send your CV, describing your experience with the DHIS2 platform, and a cover letter to the Project Specialist Nadiya Semchuk (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 18:00 December, 02, 2020.
In the subject line please indicate: “DHIS2 Database Support Consultant”.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the on-line interview.
The International Charitable Foundation “Alliance for Public Health” is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status and individual characteristics.