DHIS2 Power Bi connector

Hi @here kindly where can i find the dhis power bi connector. The previous links seems to be not working

2 Likes

You can alternatively use the API to execute the endpoint calls to Power BI. Do you intend to work with aggregate or tracker data? What is your use case?

3 Likes

Hi @faith_chepkoech

I have responded to your question in the other post, but this is an interesting topic discussion, would like to see how it goes with @mykbitz suggestion! Yes, basically all the apps use the API but they’re meant to make it easier and have a user friendly interface.

All DHIS2 apps that have been approved by the DHIS2 global team can be found in the App Management app; however, some apps may not appear in the App Management app if it it’s not compatible with the version so those can be downloaded from the the DHIS2 apphub (DHIS2 App Hub).

Thanks!

hi @faith_chepkoech

You can also get the connector from DHIS2 App Hub.
I have downloaded and used it from that link.

Hi,
Does this also connects each events of each program stages of a Program under Tracker app?

Regards,
Pradeep

@mykbitz That has worked as well thanks . Focusing on aggregate.

1 Like

It worked Thanks @Gassim.

1 Like

Great! In case you want to check out tracker/event data modeling on Power Bi , then check out this link for more details:

2 Likes

Has anyone implemented incremental refresh using the custom DHIS2 connector?

1 Like

I don’t think incremental refresh is possible with the connector, due to the way the connector is designed. It pulls all of the aggregate data from the system (within the parameters you set), but the query to pull the data is hard coded into the connector code.

I think you could accomplish incremental refresh using a web connection with a query that returns the lastUpdated parameter.

For example, something like this: https://play.dhis2.org/40.1.0/api/dataValueSets?dataSet=BfMAe6Itzgt&period=202104&orgUnit=DiszpKrYNg8

You can then set your incremental refresh up on the lastUpdated field.

3 Likes

This is interesting.

1 Like

Thanks @kstankevitz , I was able to build my own custom connector using the powerQuery SDK…I am utilizing the api/dataValuesets endpoint as you advised and am now able to implement incremental refresh using the “LastUpdated” column

3 Likes