DHIS2 patch release 2.38.5 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 version 2.38.5 (patch release) is out with bug fixes and enhancements.

This is the latest stable release for version 2.38, and supersedes releases 2.38.0 to 2.38.4.3.

The release note for this patch can be found here: Patch 2.38.5 Release Note.

Thanks!

DHIS2 Release Team

Release Information Links
Release Note Patch 2.38.5 Release Note
Upgrade notes 2.38 Upgrade notes
Download release and sample database Downloads - DHIS2
Documentation and Javadocs Home - DHIS2 Documentation
Source code on Github Release 2.38.5 ¡ dhis2/dhis2-core ¡ GitHub
Demo instance DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone
Docker docker pull dhis2/core:2.38.5
for more docker image variants see dockerhub
4 Likes

Hello and good afternoon,
I am Benjamin Haindapa from Papua New Guinea. My country is trying to introduce DHIS 2 for reporting of most of our public health diseases. Its something new and I am trying to understand so many things about DHIS 2. If we develop our programs on older version, will it affect the way we are entering data into the tracker app within DHIS 2?

Hi @bhaindapa1

Programs developed on older versions should generally be supported on later versions.
Naturally, we would advise to to start on the highest version possible. That way your version will be supported for longer, plus you will be able to take advantage of any new features in the latest version.

Kind regards,
Phil

Hello @phil thanks for the patch.
I hope this message finds you well. I am encountering an issue with the last DHIS2 patch on version 2.38.5 in a Dockerized environment. The error log suggests that the application is unable to find a suitable JDBC driver, leading to a “No suitable driver” error.
See the error below

• INFO 2023-12-12T08:55:16,914 Hibernate configuration loaded: dialect: ‘org.hisp.dhis.hibernate.dialect.DhisPostgresDialect’, region factory: ‘org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.EhCacheRegionFactory’, connection pool max size: null (DefaultHibernateConfigurationProvider.java [main])
  • WARN 2023-12-12T08:55:47,889 com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$ScatteredAcquireTask@41611a4f – Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30). Last acquisition attempt exception: (Slf4jMLog.java [C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->1bqzvgjb0pvbp95a5gsrt|59d42ab7]-HelperThread-#0])
    java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
    …
  • ERROR 2023-12-12T08:55:47,923 Connection test failed for main database pool, jdbcUrl: ‘’, user: ‘’ (DataSourceConfig.java [main])

Can you please help us on that.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @diallotafsir52

Are you running this on Linux or Windows? If on Windows you’ll probably need to use the WSL. Thanks!

Hi @diallotafsir52 ,

As @Gassim points out it’s difficult to help without more information about your environment, and the details of how you are running the image. Have you run other versions/patches of DHIS2 successfully in the same environment? Have you configured the DB connection properly in the dhis.conf?
Note, that we are running this patch (and many others) in docker without any problems.

Kind regards,
Phil