DHIS2 patch release 2.38.2 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 version 2.38.2 (patch release) is out with bug fixes and enhancements.

This is the latest stable release for version 2.38, and supersedes releases 2.38.0 to 2.38.1.1.

The release note for this patch can be found here: Patch 2.38.2 Release Note.

Thanks!

DHIS2 Release Team

Release Information Links
Release Note Patch 2.38.2 Release Note
Upgrade notes 2.38 Upgrade notes
Download release and sample database Downloads - DHIS2
Documentation and Javadocs Home - DHIS2 Documentation
Source code on Github Release 2.38.2 · dhis2/dhis2-core · GitHub
Demo instance DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone
Docker docker pull dhis2/core:2.38.2
for more docker image variants see dockerhub
5 Likes

What’s the different between this and 2.39.0. I upgraded from 2.38.1.1 to 2.39.0 in my local development environment and everything seems to be ok. I am still trying to ensure everything works fine before upgrading our production server. Would you recommend I upgrade 2.38.1.1 to 2.38.2 or 2.39.0

1 Like

Hi @jetisco4u

This is a maintenance release for the 2.38 version, primarily aimed at fixing bugs, whereas 2.39.0 was a major new release which introduced some significant new features.

The choice is really up to you. With maintenance releases we aim to avoid any breaking changes, so they should require no updates to any external tools you are using, and they generally aim to improve the stability and security of the version. New versions, on the other hand, can introduce changes to the underlying model, so it is particularly important to read the upgrade notes, and carefully test any functionality that you rely on.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Kind regards,
Phil

P.S. Whatever version you decide on, we encourage you to stay up to date with the latest patches (and hotfixes) for your version, as they come out.

2 Likes

This is great. Though I have noticed some hitches with the Tracker Capture App which I believe will be fixed soon too. Great work team👍

2 Likes

Hello @phil thanks for this update. I can’t see the tomcat-9.0-jdk11-openjdk-slim for 2.38.2 in the docker hub. Is it possible to check when it will be pushed?

1 Like

Hi @diallotafsir52

We have stopped publishing different variants. We are now aiming to publish one type of image which can be used in production. This is to allow us optimise for performance and security.

The 2.38.2 image is based on tomcat:9.0-jre11

Do you have particular requirements that mean you cannot use the published image?

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like