DHIS2 patch release 2.37.3 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 version 2.37.3 (patch release) is out with many bug fixes and enhancements.

This patch release is the first major update to 2.37 as 2.37.1 and 2.37.2 were both hotfixes to patch the log4shell vulnerability.

This is the latest stable release for version 2.37, and supersedes releases 2.37.0 to 2.37.2.

The release note for this patch can be found here: Patch 2.37.3 Release Note.

Enjoy!

DHIS2 Release Team

Release Information Links
Release Note Patch 2.37.3 Release Note
Upgrade notes 2.37 Upgrade notes
Download release and sample database https://www.dhis2.org/downloads
Documentation and Javadocs Home - DHIS2 Documentation
Source code on Github Release 2.37.3 · dhis2/dhis2-core · GitHub
Demo instance https://play.dhis2.org/2.37.3/
Docker docker pull dhis2/core:2.37.3
for more docker image variants see dockerhub
8 Likes

wooow, this is very good news,

1 Like

Hi @phil

Recording this for future readers:

We had upgraded from a legacy 2.29 to 2.3x to 2.37.2 and was getting analytics error reported in DHIS2-12277

Now upgrading from 2.37.2 to 2.37.3 I got the following errors
ERROR: "analytics" is not partitioned
ERROR: "analytics_completeness" is not partitioned

and we had to

drop table analytics cascade
drop table analytics_completeness cascade

to make analytics work. Is this a good fix? those tables got regenerated after we ran analytics succesfully

org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [create table if not exists analytics_2022 partition of analytics for values in (2022)]; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: "analytics" is not partitioned

[taskScheduler-16] ERROR org.hisp.dhis.scheduling.AbstractSchedulingManager - org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [create table if not exists analytics_completeness_2022 partition of analytics_completeness for values in (2022)]; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: "analytics_completeness" is not partitioned```
1 Like

Hi @jthomas ,

Thanks for flagging this issue!

I think your recovery actions are safe, but I’m checking with our development team to confirm, and also to see if this issue can be avoided for other users. I’ll confirm on this thread when I have more information.

Kind regards,
Phil

3 Likes

Hi @jthomas,
it is valid procedure how to recover this failure. I am not really sure why this happen. Maybe you migrated to 2.37 before without starting full analytics export. Basically you can manually remove all analytics table and then start full export. Those tables are just another view on existing entities(options,data element, …).
Kind regards,
Dusan

2 Likes

Thank you @phil & @dusan

After upgrade to 2.37 we had encountered issue DHIS2-12277 hence analytics was failing halfway everytime till we upgraded to 2.37.3, may be that’s the reason? We couldn’t revert, so we waited till this patch

1 Like

Wonderful, this is very interest

1 Like