DHIS2 patch release 2.31.1 is now available

Dear all,

DHIS2 version 2.31.1 (patch release) is out with bug fixes and enhancements.

This is the latest stable release for version 2.31, and supersedes release 2.31.0.

The release note for this patch can be found here: Patch 2.31.1 Release Note.

Note: if you are already using 2.31.0!
There is an addition manual upgrade action required if upgrading from 2.31.0 to 2.31.1 (please check the Upgrade notes link below!).

Enjoy!

Phil

Release Information Links
Release Note Patch 2.31.1 Release Note
Upgrade notes 2.31 Upgrade notes
Download release and sample database https://www.dhis2.org/downloads
Documentation and Javadocs Resources - DHIS2
Source code on Github Release 2.31.1 · dhis2/dhis2-core · GitHub
Demo instance https://play.dhis2.org/2.31.1/
6 Likes

Hello @philip

I’ve just upgraded my DHIS 2.30 to DHIS2.31.1… Everything seems perfectly fine and working except the Tracker Capture. Its not loading the metadata.

Could you put some light on this incident and any resolution for the same.
#relaxedQueryChars=“[]” isnt working in this case either.

Thanks,

3 Likes

Hi @usfreak13,

do you mean the android app or tracker capture in web??

2 Likes

Im talking about both as without the Tracker Capture on the web the App would not function/connect too.

in v2.31.1 everything works fine except the tracker capture is not loading the metadata.

Thanks

3 Likes

I just tested in demo and is working fine. I would suggest you check with your DHIS2 admins and ask for support in the main channel, as this is a thread for the Android app and will not get much attention.

Best,
Marta

4 Likes

@marta

This thread IS related to the 2.31.1 release, it was started by @phil

Regards
Calle

2 Likes

yeap! my mistake :slight_smile:

thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @usfreak13,

Sorry for the delay in replying - we are currently preparing the next patch, 2.31.2, for release!

Do you still have the issue? I can ask our tracker experts to take a look, but first, can you please give some detail on exactly what you have tried and the results?
Have you searched for similar issues on this community and ruled out common problems such as clearing the cache?

Please note that, as Marta indicated, the sort of issue you are having is best raised in the Support channel - people don’t tend to to follow comments on an Announcement so actively!
But you can always send me a direct message if you feel you are not getting timely support.

Thanks for your patience!
Phil

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue loading metadata