DHIS2 Installation and configuration

Hello,
I am looking for some one to help in installing DHIS2 on my own server
Thank you
Amjad

2 Likes

Hello, @amjadhiary if it’s just installation probably I can help/guide you.

But you may be able to easily do it by looking at the installation doc as well here

1 Like

Hello Jins,
Thank you for your support.
I am planning to use digital ocean to install dhis2. I can start new droplet with 1GB 1 CPU and 25 GB disc space. Noting that the server will be used for demonstration and testing only at this stage.

Thank you again
Amjad

2 Likes

I think you may require ~ 4GB ram as DHIS2 require Postgres database and also tomcat.

Other than that things looks okay

1 Like

Cant we try it on the minimum DC specs? because i don’t want to pay big amount for testing server
1 GB
1 Intel CPU
25 GB NVMe SSDs

I can make it 2 GB and 1 Intel CPU

1 Like

worth giving a try, there is someone in this community installed on rasberry pi, so it’s possible, we may end up putting some additional time in troubleshooting and fine tuning that’s all

1 Like

I salute your enthusiasm @amjadhiary and thank you so much @jthomas for the help! :clap::clap:

Right, the raspberry-pi instance - so cool you remembered! :smiley: DHIS2 demo on a raspberry pi

1 Like

Thank you both. However I am not familiar with raspberry instance

1 Like

Just another question
Is dhis2 available in Arabic?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @amjadhiary you don’t need to be familiar with raspberry. I mentioned it because they might have nstalled it on a similar lesser server spec

Yes Arabic language is supported also Arabic Egypt, Iraq & Sudan. However you can have a look at demo instance (by changing the language to Arabic) to get a feel : DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

It actually works on a pi 2 (1Go RAM) but it is very slow

so if you are alone on the server “1 GB,1 Intel CPU,25 GB NVMe SSDs” might work but I would put 2 Go as minimal for the ram

the raspberry is a Linux script to install all DHIS2 components, I actually use my DEV server script to create the raspberry one(I remove some parts, added the wifi …) you can see in it the RAM config of TOMCAT/POSTGRES depending of the RAM of your server (Xsmall :1g, small:2g, medium:4g large: 8g )

2 Likes