Dhis2 Instalation on Windows server 2022

Good morning, I’m trying to install DHIS2 ver. 2.39 on Windows Server 2022, but it is giving me an HTTP Status 404 - Not Found error. Please provide me with complete instructions with the steps to install DHIS2 on Windows Server 2022.

Good morning! I understand your frustration with encountering a 404 error while trying to install DHIS2 version 2.39 on Windows Server 2022. Let’s troubleshoot this together and ensure a successful installation. Here are the complete instructions with step-by-step guidance:

1. System Requirements Check: Before proceeding, ensure that your Windows Server 2022 meets the minimum system requirements for DHIS2 installation, including Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed, sufficient disk space, and appropriate permissions.

2. Download DHIS2: Visit the official DHIS2 website and download the version 2.39 installer compatible with Windows Server 2022.

3. Installation Directory: Choose a directory on your Windows Server 2022 where you want to install DHIS2. Make sure it has sufficient disk space and write permissions.

4. Java Installation: Ensure that Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed on your Windows Server 2022. If not, download and install the latest version of Java compatible with DHIS2.

5. Database Setup: DHIS2 requires a database backend such as PostgreSQL or MySQL. Install and configure PostgreSQL or MySQL on your Windows Server 2022. Create a new database and user for DHIS2.

6. DHIS2 Configuration: Navigate to the DHIS2 installation directory. Locate the configuration files (e.g., dhis.conf) and open them using a text editor. Configure the database connection settings, including database URL, username, and password.

7. Startup: Start the DHIS2 server by running the appropriate startup script or command. Monitor the startup logs for any errors or warnings.

8. Access DHIS2: Once the server is successfully started, open a web browser on your Windows Server 2022 and navigate to the DHIS2 URL (e.g., http://localhost:8080/dhis). Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup and configuration of DHIS2.

9. Testing: After completing the setup, perform some basic tests to ensure that DHIS2 is functioning correctly. Create a sample dataset, enter data, and generate reports to validate the installation.

10. Troubleshooting: If you encounter any errors or issues during the installation process, refer to the DHIS2 documentation, community forums, or seek assistance from DHIS2 support channels for troubleshooting and resolution.

By following these comprehensive instructions, you should be able to install DHIS2 version 2.39 successfully on your Windows Server 2022 without encountering the HTTP Status 404 - Not Found error. If you need further assistance or encounter any challenges along the way, feel free to reach out for help. Good luck with your DHIS2 installation!

1 Like

Good pointers right there. One last thing is to make sure that your
JAVA_HOME, JAVA_OPT and DHIS2_HOME environment settings are all set accordingly.

1 Like

DHIS2_Installation_window.pdf (2.2 MB)

Hello There,

I am attaching complete Dhis2 installation guide for window server. Hope, this’ll be helpfull for you.

Thanks