Dear CBS community,
The 2017 Experts Academy is currently underway this week in Oslo, with more than 150 participants from over 40 countries. On Monday we had a three-hour session on case-based surveillance, with use case presentations and information on the work UiO is doing on CBS (software development, JIRA, community, requirements, demo). We will share the majority of the material presented to this group in the next few weeks.
Part of the session was to set apart some time for discussion topics. Groups got four questions to discuss and present back to the plenary. Time was unfortunately too short for extensive discussion, so we have decided that we also would like feedback from the larger community, not only those attending the Academy, on these questions. I will therefore be posting four email threads, one for each question, to facilitate this discussion.
The first question was on community of practice:
What use do you see for an online DHIS2 CBS Community of Practice, how can we make it an active community, and how would you like to contribute?
This is in particular an interesting question to put towards this mailing list, as it is currently the community of practice. We would really like to hear all your feedback on this question to develop the community further. Please also find my slides on the CBS community attached which I presented in Monday's session.
Some of the comments included:
* Promote the mailing list further, in other mailing lists etc. (because the community was new to several of the participants)
* Interest in live monthly/bi-monthly discussions (Skype calls, webinars etc.)
* Possibility of using Confluence since the developers are already using Jira,
* The importance of having representation from both public health and technical experts, and address both organizational and technical issues
* Making use cases, templates etc. available (Everyone is welcome to add materials to the CBS Community Library!)
We look forward to also hearing your input to the different discussion topics.
Karoline Tufte Lien (MSc Demography & Health)
DHIS 2 Project Coordinator
Health Information Systems Programme (HISP)
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo
Phone: +47 92 86 98 92 | Skype: karolinetuftelien
E-mail: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> | email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
LinkedIn<https://no.linkedin.com/in/karolinelien> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/karolinelien>