DHIS2 Education Management Information System Implementation

Good Morning Everyone,

I am much interested on the implementation of the DHIS2 EMIS in my community, i do not know where and how to start, can anyone please point me to the path which to follow?

Thank You
Enjoy the rest of your day,
Regards,

4 Likes

@Knut_Staring and @nancyesp

1 Like

Hello Tebogo, it would be great if you would manage to establish an EMIS project in Botswana, and you should be able to draw on the implementations in the pilot countries. Have you already studied the material here, including the demo? Are you thinking public schools at the primary level? For a full district? As usual with DHIS2, the recommend path is to start simple, eg with school census (possibly including historical data), whereas extending to the level of individual teachers or students requires more effort and resources, in terms of server management, devices, connectivity, training. A lot depends on who you see as the target audience and their most urgent needs, e.g. district administrators, school headmasters, wider community. Perhaps it is best to get on Zoom and discuss possibilities, please feel free to email me directly at knut@dhis2.org

4 Likes

Thanx a lot Knut, let me first start with vising the material that you have shared then i will arrange for a Zoom meeting to discuss further the DHIS2 EMIS.

2 Likes

@KetshabileT We also have a DHIS2 for Education YouTube playlist, that has great overviews going into more detail on various approaches taken by the 6 pilot countries. Hope this is helpful and looking forward to meeting with you and learning more about your interest.

7 Likes

I had an interesting conversation with @Knut_Staring hope to meeting with you too.

2 Likes

@Knut_Staring Are there credentials to access the demo site as a super user? The demo user does not give me access to the maintenance app. Thanks

1 Like

Hello @aabbagana, yes you can log in as emis-admin (same password)

1 Like

Thanks @Knut_Staring. The credentials are not working. As of yesterday/today even the emis-demo user credentials are not going. Please can you reconfirm? Thanks

1 Like

Dear @aabbagana, unfortunately the passwords had been scrambled, but should be reset now.

2 Likes

Hello,

I am also interested in this community and and education topic.

I would like to connect to the demo server with (EMIS Gambia - Demo) admin credentials, but the user emis-admin (same password) doesn’t work to me.

Am I in the correct demo server?

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Hello Kfeina,
Great to hear that you are interested in DHIS2 for education. Please use these log in details to access the demo instance:
User name: emis-demo
Password: Emis@2020

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello,

Yes, that credentials work perfectly.

But is it possible to have the password for the admin user? I would like to check in a thorough manner.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Kfeina,

Please feel free to reach out on mail: mamuha@hispuganda.org.

We shall support you accordingly.

Monica

2 Likes

Hello again,

This user / password doesn’t work anymore.

User name: emis-demo
Password: Emis@2020

Could you provide one to test?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Kfeina,
Try using emis_demo username and password Emis@2020.

Please reach out if you still have challenges.

Daisy

2 Likes

Perfect, it works with user emis_demo

Thank you.

2 Likes