DHIS2 Doesnot display our Regional Calendar in all segments

I am working on DHIS2 and I require Nepali Calendar as I need to work in Regional based date format. For this, I need to take as per Nepali Calendar in Tracker App, make data analysis, use Data Entry and other apps. DHIS2 support Nepali Calendar only in Data Entry App and not in other apps. This creates a problem in uniformity as I cannot work in other apps which I require. This is an issue may be other have also faced. If this issue brings complication in working, It needs to be looked into and solve it as fast as possible. Else, if this issue can be solved, I need help in solving out this issue. I am working on DHIS2 and i am not able to work fully into this application. Please help me out.

Thanks

Hi William,

We started supporting multi-calendars in version 40 but only for few apps for now (Data Visualiser, Dashboard, Data Entry and Data Quality). These were the apps that were considered the highest priority by Nepal, Ethiopia and other countries interested in the feature. We are in the process of adding support to the other apps, including Tracker, but it’s still work in progress. To follow the progress, you can check this Jira epic: [DHIS2-14051] - Jira.

Thanks, Mozafar

2 Likes

hello @mozafar

1. I set up Nepali Calendar from setting on DHIS2 v40.0
  2. On Data Visualizer, We cannot see Nepali Calendar in relative Periods

Issue: The year should have been 2080 in place of 2023 and the months should have been according to Nepali Calendar in place of English Calendar. I have installed a fresh copy of v40 and the issue is there, How do i fix it?

Thanks,

yes, it should work - what version is the data visualiser app on?

Hello @mozafar I am using Data Visualizer in the following version of DHIS2
This is the image of the patch that I have downloaded β†’

I have used following setting β€”>

The link to the war of DHIS2 is β†’ https://releases.dhis2.org/40/dhis2-stable-40.0.1.war

Thanks,

Hi @riwaj.amakomaya … just to confirm, if you go to app management (/dhis-web-app-management/index.html#/?query=data), what is the version of data visualiser that you see?

It is 100.1.4

I looked into the Jira epic that you have posted with my Administrator. The issue is also listed on Jira epic and I have screenshot the issue and we have been facing the same issue which is in this screenshot.

I added a bug to investigate the issue. It seems like a regression on 2.40.

It is still working correctly on 2.38 as you can see in the screenshot - which is the version Nepal was targeting, I believe - so you can have look at that version if your aim is just to give it a try. I will let you know once the bug on 2.40 is resolved.

I looked into the Jira epic that you have posted with my Administrator. The issue is also listed on Jira epic and I have screenshot the issue and we have been facing the same issue which is in this screenshot.

I don’t think the issues in the screenshots are related, but I added a bug now, and will keep you informed.

Hi @riwaj.amakomaya , can you please try updating the service worker manually and see if the calendar works afterwards (from developer tools β†’ Application β†’ Service Workers)