DHIS2 Data Dictionary PDF

Hi everyone,

I remember I used to be able to create a PDF of a data dictionary through the data element management screen. I can’t seem to do this currently. I am still using 2.13, am I just trying to access this from the wrong place? Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

sorry about that. We phased out the code behind that feature and replaced it by a generic feature in the web api. Apparently we forgot to put a link back. Will fix.

You can generate pdfs directly from the web api. Go to /api, then dataElements, then click on the pfd link. You can skip paging with ?paging=false. Example:

http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/api/dataElements.pdf?paging=false

regards,

Lars

···

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:12 AM, duttas@wpro.who.int wrote:

Hi everyone,

I remember I used to be able to create a PDF of a data dictionary through the data element management screen. I can’t seem to do this currently. I am still using 2.13, am I just trying to access this from the wrong place? Thanks,

Nick

This message was scanned for viruses with Trend Micro ScanMail, GFI MailSecurity and GFI MailEssentials by the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific. However, the recipient is advised to scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks Lars that is very helpful.

Are you still able to create these by the data dictionaries you have defined (as opposed to every data element/indicator), including their other associated metadata (ie. Definition, numerator, denominator, etc.)?

Nick

···

Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 9:15 PM
To: Dutta, Mr Shurajit Nicky (SOL)
Cc: DHIS 2 Users list
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 Data Dictionary PDF

Hi Nick,

sorry about that. We phased out the code behind that feature and replaced it by a generic feature in the web api. Apparently we forgot to put a link back. Will fix.

You can generate pdfs directly from the web api. Go to /api, then dataElements, then click on the pfd link. You can skip paging with ?paging=false. Example:

regards,

Lars

Hi everyone,

Nick

This message was scanned for viruses with Trend Micro ScanMail, GFI MailSecurity and GFI MailEssentials by the World Health Organization Regional Office for the Western Pacific. However, the recipient is advised to scan this e-mail and any attached files for viruses.

Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

Disclaimer:

Hi Nic,

We’ve used the custom attributes for indicators and data elements to extend the data dictionary.

You can use a query like this to pull the indicator metadata and custom attributes (service category, service sub-category, indicator type, method of collection, etc…). Then create a JasperReport (iReport) in whatever layout you like to print to pdf. This will also let you list your indicators in column format.

SELECT

attribute.name AS attributename,

attributevalue.value AS attributevalue,

attribute.sortorder,

indicator.indicatorid,

indicator.name,

indicator.code,

indicator.description,

indicator.annualized,

indicator.numeratordescription,

indicator.denominatordescription

FROM

public.attribute,

public.attributevalue,

public.indicatorattributevalues,

public.indicator

WHERE

attributevalue.attributeid = attribute.attributeid AND

indicatorattributevalues.attributevalueid = attributevalue.attributevalueid AND

indicator.indicatorid = indicatorattributevalues.indicatorid

order by indicator.name, attribute.sortorder

···

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of duttas@wpro.who.int

Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 6:23 AM

To: larshelge@gmail.com

Cc: dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Are you still able to create these by the data dictionaries you have defined (as opposed to every data element/indicator), including their other associated metadata (ie. Definition, numerator, denominator, etc.)?

Nick

Hi Nick,

regards,

Lars

Hi everyone,

Nick

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Hi Nic,

We’ve used the custom attributes for indicators and data elements to extend the data dictionary.

You can use a query like this to pull the indicator metadata and custom attributes (service category, service sub-category, indicator type, method of collection, etc…). Then create a JasperReport (iReport) in whatever layout you like to print to pdf. This will also let you list your indicators in column format.

SELECT

attribute.sortorder,

indicator.indicatorid,

indicator.name,

indicator.code,

indicator.description,

indicator.annualized,

FROM

public.attribute,

public.attributevalue,

public.indicator

WHERE

···

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of duttas@wpro.who.int

Nick

Hi Nick,

regards,

Lars

Hi everyone,

Nick

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Thanks Randy that is helpful.

I am just wondering if there is any possibility of returning the previous functionality as well?

Nick

···

Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 1:02 PM
To: Dutta, Mr Shurajit Nicky (SOL); larshelge@gmail.com
Subject: RE: [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 Data Dictionary PDF

Hi Nic,

SELECT

attribute.sortorder,

indicator.indicatorid,

indicator.name,

indicator.code,

indicator.description,

indicator.annualized,

FROM

public.attribute,

public.attributevalue,

public.indicator

WHERE

Nick

Hi Nick,

regards,

Lars

Hi everyone,

Nick

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Understood! However I found that the format of the existing report was very limited – it would be nice if we could assign a specific modifiable iReport or HTML report to the button on the indicator or data element pages.

Randy

···

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:21 AM

To: Wilson,Randy; larshelge@gmail.com

I am just wondering if there is any possibility of returning the previous functionality as well?

Nick

Hi Nic,

SELECT

attribute.sortorder,

indicator.indicatorid,

indicator.name,

indicator.code,

indicator.description,

indicator.annualized,

FROM

public.attribute,

public.attributevalue,

public.indicator

WHERE

Nick

Hi Nick,

regards,

Lars

Hi everyone,

Nick

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Thanks Randy.

I do honestly appreciate your solution! It will help me in the interim.

In the past we had used the integrated functionality to maintain the data dictionaries for program information. When we created a new dataset I would create this for the program to view its elements and indicators along with their definitions to ensure everything was as they required. We found it very useful to maintain health data dictionaries this way, but I am not sure who else would be interested in this?

···

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:54 PM

Understood! However I found that the format of the existing report was very limited – it would be nice if we could assign a specific modifiable iReport or HTML report to the button on the indicator or data element pages.

Randy

Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:21 AM
To: Wilson,Randy; larshelge@gmail.com

Nick

Hi Nic,

SELECT

attribute.sortorder,

indicator.indicatorid,

indicator.name,

indicator.code,

indicator.description,

indicator.annualized,

FROM

public.attribute,

public.attributevalue,

public.indicator

WHERE

Nick

Hi Nick,

regards,

Lars

Hi everyone,

Nick

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer:

Disclaimer: