DHIS2 Android Capture App version 2.3 is released

Dear all,

DHIS2 Android Capture App 2.3 is out with many improvements and bug fixes! This release we have focussed mainly on improving the user interface and data entry user experience.

This version is fully compatible with the DHIS2 2.35 and you can find the detailed new features and fixes below.

GENERIC FEATURES

Add option to clear URL in login screen: In the previous version the user could easily clear the username or password, but not the URL. A button to clear the text from the URL text box has been added to facilitate the login process.

Jira | Screenshot

Improve error information to the user: In this version the app renders the name of the data elements or attributes which fail in the synchronization process and replace it in the error message by the name of the data element or the attribute. In addition, the app displays an error message also inside the data entry form, next to the affected field. This helps the user identify the source of error and fix the problem.

Jira | Jira 2 | Screenshot

Improve feedback when form rendering is slow: A loading bar has been added in the data entry forms when form or section are loading and when programs rules are executed

Jira

Open Image clicking on it: When the user taps on an image, the image is opened and displayed on the screen taking the whole screen.

Jira | Screenshot

USER EXPERIENCE AND USER INTERFACE

New Event Cards in Event and Tracker programs: The event and TEI cards have been improved and made more intuitive and informative in the last version. We have harmonised our user interface and brought this design to the lists of events in event programs and in the TEI dashboard. The cards display the name of the attribute or data element next to the value for the first three marked to be displayed. It is also possible to expand the card to display the rest of the attributes or data elements, which are shown following the same format.

Jira | Screenshot 1

New Fields for Data Entry form: All value types rendering has been redefined. The images are fully displayed now with an adjusted size, the icons on the left side have been removed and the clear buttons have been added to all value types as well.

Jira | Screenshot

DATA ENTRY

Barcode/QR code to also accept keyboard data entry: Barcode and QR code rendered fields will also accept manual data entry of the codified text.

Jira

Non-editable fields have different display: Fields where the value is auto-complete, either because it is auto-generated or assigned by a program rule, are rendered greyed out giving information to the user about the field not being editable.

Jira | Screenshot 1

QUALITY / SECURITY / PERFORMANCE

[Functional Test][Event] Delete Event Jira

[Functional Test][Event] Details Event Jira

[Functional Test][Event] Share QR Event Jira

[Functional Test][Sync] Datasets Jira

[Functional Test][Sync] Event Jira

[Functional Test][Sync] Tei Jira

[Functional Test][Tei Dashboard] Enrollment Jira

[Test] Flow ui test Jira

[Performance][OrgUnitTree] Review list/adapter when loading org units Jira

Disable ADB in production version Jira

Enable Acra in Prod and Debug Jira

Track socketTimeOut in firebase and show message Jira

Update crash activity texts Jira

RELEASE INFO

Release Information Link
Download app from Google Play or Github https://www.dhis2.org/app-store
Documentation and Javadocs https://www.dhis2.org/android-documentation
Details about each feature on JIRA (requires login) 2.3 Features
Overview of bugs fixed on JIRA (requires login) 2.3 Bugs
Demo instance (user/password) https://play.dhis2.org/demo/ android / Android123
DHIS 2 community https://community.dhis2.org Mobile Community
Source code on Github https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-capture-app
Source code of SDK on Github SDK 1.2.1
11 Likes

Thank you Martha and Team,

After the search of an entity, How can we enroll new entity when there is already an homonym in the database ?

Sincerely,

Hello community. I congratulate you for the work you do, because DHIS2 Capture is a very good application. you are doing a really great job. I have two concerns and need help. The first is that I cannot take screenshots on the DHIS2 capute and I cannot share my screen also on zoom, meet or AnyDesk during presentations. My second concern is that when connecting to DHI2 Capture when I enter the url, the username and the password and I click on connect, it displays “Problem during Encryption” at the moment I am obliged to close then relaunched DHIS2 Capture. How can I solve this screen capture and sharing problem and the message that appears on connection ?? thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi @zounneme,

Unfortunately I do not have the answer to your login question but I hope someone else can assist you.

Regarding Screenshots/sharing:
The DHIS2 Android application is designed to block screen sharing and screen capture because in many instances it is used to capture sensitive personal and identifiable information. Blocking those features is seen as a security feature. If you are using the application for an implementation that does not potentially expose PII, then is is possible to use the “training APK” which the same APK, but allows for screenshots/sharing. You can download the Training APK from here: dhis2-android-capture-app/releases and install it directly on your android device.

3 Likes
Really a big thank you for your help it was very useful to me again thank you
1 Like

Hi @zounneme.

Good to hear that the solution proposed by @chase.freeman worked!

Regarding your second concern. I am afraid there must be something wrong with your URL/Username/Password triad. Can you verify that you are including the HTTPS (notice the S) or not according to your server setup?

Best.

2 Likes

Thank you, team…
good job