DHIS2 Android Capture App version 2.1 is released

I’m experiencing the same issue as well! In the search function for Tracker Programs, I am unable to search using text fields, as the keyboard does not appear.

1 Like

Hi @Guy_Ekani and @megankill. We are aware of this issue happening in some devices and it is already fixed in the incoming patch version.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, the tracker program is syncing attributes not in the same order that is on the web? what could be the reason?

Sorry for the delayed response. I’m using 2.33.3 as the server. I’ll try with the play programs.

Hi @marta

Thanks for you ,@Scott and @craig for Your attention.
Since GS1 making it easier for drugs to be tracked, processed, and stored.
I wonder if Can The App read value via coding GS1 standard?or only pregenrated local barcode?

Best regards,
Bashar

Hi @bashar35
Our desktop app is GS1 compliant- you’ll find that many items in a store have a commercial barcode, but that it doesn’t encode the batch and expiry, so isn’t as useful and you end up having to print your own. The situation is improving each year as organisations such as GAVI and the Indian Govt enforce standards.
Best regards,
Craig

1 Like

Hi @bashar35,

yes, the app will read and store your GS1 codes. Tagging @Pablo for more details and thi https://www.gs1.org/standards for reference.

Cheers!
Marta

1 Like

The QR/Barcode reader in the app supports the following formats (I think most of them are related to the GS1 standard):

Barcodes:

• CODABAR
  • Code 39
  • Code 93
  • Code 128
  • EAN 8
  • EAN 13
  • Interleaved Two of Five (ITF)
  • PDF417
  • RSS 14
  • RSS EXPANDED
  • UPC-A
  • UPC-E
  • UPC/EAN extension format

QR:

• QR Code
  • Data Matrix
  • MaxiCode
  • Aztec

This is the library in charge of reading QR/Barcodes. It has more info on the supported formats.

2 Likes

Thank’s @jaime.bosque and Team,

These issues have been fix in 2.11

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Nevermind Jamie I see the updates in another thread. What was Google thinking…

1 Like

@sgaudon you can still download the APK directly from github and install on your Android device

Feel free to reach out if you need assistance.

1 Like

@marta - I’m wondering if you recommend a particular QR code generator for compatibility with DHIS2? I.e. to generate and manage QR codes external to DHIS2? I saw the post about supported formats but just wonder if there is a particular generator of choice. Thank you.

Hi @bhansen,

I do not have any particular recommendation. @Pablo is there any recommendation from your side?

Hi @bhansen,

It should be ok to use any QR generator. I’ve tested some online generetors and all of them returns the same result for the same data.