DHIS2 Android App version 1.1.0 is released

Thanks Martha … Surely this will support our scale up of the tracker capture this year …

4 Likes

Thanks for this @marta Highly appreciated. I tested this briefly with a 2.30 configuration and discovered the following issues:

1. For an event program, the program rules for hiding data elements don’t trigger unless you navigate to a new section and return. This is the same with program rules to show error. when they do trigger, they seem to trigger continuously
  2. Data elements are seems to be erased when you navigate away from a section, but appears minutes later. Some never appear
    These happen after successfully completing an event for a short program.
    Android version 4.4.2 (Lenovo tablet) and 5.0 (using genymotion emulator - Samsung Galaxy S6)
    DHIS 2.30 db7bd50
6 Likes

Just to follow on my post above, these issues may also be a function of the RAM available for the mobile devices used for testing.

3 Likes

Hi @Calle_Hedberg,

thanks for spotting those gaps.
Let us review it and get back to you.

Marta

3 Likes

Hi @medallion,

thanks for the feedback. Would you mind reporting the two errors in Jira? It could be the RAM indeed, but it could be another thing, we would like to explore it and follow up.

Best,
Marta

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How to enable selection of colors when creating or editing a Legend

Thanks @marta for the release,
@medallion, thanks for raising this, am also facing the same problem. This version of the app isnt responding to attributes and data elements hidden through program rules and the same applies to those with warnings.

Regards

4 Likes

@marta I cannot get the app to properly start up (it hangs), but not sure if it relates to my hardware (LenovoPad), software (Android 6.0), the DHIS2 version (2.29), or the database size/design (e.g. orghierarchy has ~14,000 OrgUnits). See JIRA ANDROAPP-1784

So for now I’m unable to do any testing

Regards
Calle

3 Likes

Thanks @marta .
I have logged some issues on JIRA. Pablo is already working on at least one of them

https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/ANDROAPP-1782
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/ANDROAPP-1783
https://jira.dhis2.org/browse/ANDROAPP-1785

New improvement: [ANDROAPP-1785] - Jira

Regards,
Muhammad

4 Likes

Hi @Calle_Hedberg,

The mobile app should be tested and used with mobile users. Can you try with a user with access to a reasonable number of OU and see if it is still an issue?

4 Likes

Hi @smuyambo I think, if you cannot select colors when creating a legend, there must be an error. Have you checked if there is any issue reported?

In any case, this question relates to legends configuration in the maintenance app. @jomutsani can you pelase refer it to right forum?

3 Likes

Hi @Calle_Hedberg,

documentation is complete now.

2 Likes

@marta Thanks for that, and I have just verified that the new app build does work if you log in as a user with only one orgunit set up for data capture. So this is important to note for other users: if you log in as a user with too many orgunits on the capture/edit side, it will fail. I don’t know yet what the practical limits are.
Regards
Calle

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How do I create a JIRA Account?

Hi Marta,

I came across a bug where the app automatically pages into a program stage during event synchronization , deletion and scheduling of events: [ANDROAPP-1786] - Jira

I couldn’t upload the video clip when reporting this bug on Jira , will attach it on this reply for your investigation.

Cheers…

Lusanda

http://dhis2-a3b1.kxcdn.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/d/ed717617d45702d57c6dafa0bc3ba461c2bcc283.webm

4 Likes

Hi @dhis2-android,

We were testing the new release and noticed that the program stage sections are not getting hidden properly. There are various program stages where we have multiple program stage sections that hide/show according to the tracked entity attribute (TEA) that the user selects at the time of registration.
Prior to the update, all of the stage sections remained hidden according to the conditions we defined. However, now it seems like the first section is displayed, while the remaining are “hidden.” Could you please kindly advise?

Thank you.
Cha

5 Likes

thanks @Calle_Hedberg, it should work with more than one org unit… I just added a comment in the documentation warning about the use of the app with users accessing hierarchies of a whole country (over thousand OU’s).

3 Likes

thanks @lusandan, will add a link to your video in the jira issue. Very useful!

3 Likes

Hi @wtum, if the same configuration worked well in the last version of the app, but it doesn’t in this one, then please report a Jira issue with some info of the rules failing, but please verify first if the program rules are working well on web.

Thanks,
Marta

3 Likes

Please I don’t have access to the app.

Regards.

2 Likes