DHIS version 2.33 is released

Hi Austin and Phil,

Hope great thing are coming to the DHIS2 community in this 2020, thank you for your replies and support with this issue. Finally we got our maps working, thanks to you guys, we did exactly as you told and it worked!!!. We will keep working with this version and let you know if anything new comes up again.

Best regards!!!

1 Like

Hello Elmarie,

Through what channels do you notify Oslo? I’m a fairly new DHIS 2 user. I need to set up data approvals so that unapproved data isn’t accessible to donors. Is there a JIRA bug i can vote for? I’d like to vote/advocate for this as a priority.

Best,
Grace

2 Likes

Dear Grace,

This Community here is a perfectly valid place for you to communicate with us (the Oslo team) :slight_smile:

There is an existing Jira feature (DHIS2-5973), but the status doesn’t tell much at the moment.

Let me provide a little more info

Firstly, we apologise that this feature was removed in 2.33. It wasn’t our intention; the plan was to replace the functionality. Unfortunately we didn’t get a new app in place, and that was not communicated to this community properly.

The team is currently duscussing the feasibility of recovering the approvals functionality with a core app in 2.34 (which is due in early April).
If the new app is problematic on the timescale for 2.34, then we plan to reinstate the old app that was removed in 2.33. We would like to avoid that for various reasons, but we will do it if necessary to avoid leaving our “approvals” users without an upgrade path.

If you have any specific questions or concerns, you can use this community; including contacting me directly.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

Thanks for this update Philip!

It would be great to reinstate the old app if the revised app is not ready. I will hold off on upgrading (I’m currently using 2.30) until this is resolved. Just nervous about pouring a lot of work into configuring something I won’t be able to use in a few months.

Best,
Grace

2 Likes

Hi Philip,
We were planning to upgrade our DHIS2 instance to 2.33 before April 2020 (we are currently in 2.30), but we can’t afford losing the Data approval. We are therfore planning to remain in 2.30 as long as there is a new version of DHIS2 with functional data approval.

However, we know that 2.30 will not be supported anymore by UiO. Do you think it is a big “mistake” to remain in 2.30 for some more months? Another option would be to upgrade to 2.32, the inconvenient being that it would mean that we would need to upgrade twice this year, which we try to avoid.

Your advice would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
Lise.

Hi @GROUT_Lise,

Officially we stopped supporting 2.30 when we released 2.33 in October.

Naturally we encourage the community to keep as up-to-date as possible; it ensures you have the latest security patches, as well as access to the latest features, bug fixes and performance improvements.

However, unless you have some urgent issues that require fixes present in the newer versions, then I would not describe it as a big mistake to remain on 2.30 for some more months. It really depends on your needs, the cost and logistics of upgrading, and so on. You are in the best position to weigh up the pros and cons for your particular implementation.

In the meantime, we will update the community as soon as we have some concrete news on the new Data Approval functionality.

Kind regards,
Phil

P.S. 2.34 will be available from early April! :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @phil for your quick answer!
There is indeed not perfect solution anyways. We will have a last meeting tomorrow and hope we will take the final decision.
If there is anyway to influence the inclusion of the Data approval in 2.34, let me know where :slight_smile:
Best
lise

Thank you sir. Is there an expected timeline for the release of 2.33.2 patch?

Hi @ifeanyiokoye,

We hope to release 2.33.2 within the next couple of weeks.

Kind regards,
Phil

2 Likes

Thank you @phil

Hi @phil,

Are there any plans to reinstate the data approval functionality for 2.33 any soon? We’ve been using this heavily, unfortunately this is not available in 2.33 which we just upgraded to.

Thanks,
Mykbitz

1 Like

@phil
The icon library was expanded in 2.33, but there are a considerable number of “simpler” icon shapes that is missing: basic symbols like basic shapes; block arrows; lightning rod; other “wingdings” symbols.

Is is possible for users to import additional icon shapes, in if yes and in what format?

If no, I see there’s no additional icons in 2.34.0 - is it possible to expand the library in a patch release?

Regards
Calle

2 Likes

Hi, yes I would also like to add industry / sector specific org unit group icons, I have tried replacing the image files with the same file name and image spec. but it doesn’t work, so it would be great to be able to add our own.
regards
Chris

1 Like

Hi @Calle_Hedberg, Hi, @Christopher-James,

It is not possible to import your own icons.

The process for requesting/suggesting icons is described briefly in the Android documentation, here: Home - DHIS2 Documentation

@Calle_Hedberg Yes it is possible to update the icons for patch releases, if we have them in good time, and particularly if it is clear from the community that there is a need.

I hope this helps!

Phil

1 Like

Is this feature back in latest 2.33 ?
It looks available on 2.34.1 ?
Is this the new standalone data approvals app ? https://play.dhis2.org/2.34.1/dhis-web-approval/index.action

1 Like

Hi @Stephan_Mestach,

Yes, data approvals is back to the core. It’s the old app, we are still working on the new app.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the patience!

Gintare

2 Likes

Is there a fix to import of the coordinates? It appears they can’t be imported in 2.33 from another system using 2.33 too.

1 Like