DHIS version 2.33 is released

@luwizghie Thank you so much for the suggestion. My worry is that i may lose the offline data if i clear app data.

Thanks
Mastewal

1 Like

@Mastewal I thought it was a first time log in. Can you try switch to Mobile Data?

1 Like

@Mastewal, make sure no other apps on the Tablet are using the Internet as well.

1 Like

Hi @berhard,

The app will be 2.33 compatible with the next release (2.0.0) which we hope to release soon after the testing cycle is finished.

3 Likes

Hi @Mastewal,

We have seen some problems while syncing configuration due to some dataElements been removed and the programStages keeping a reference to them.
if you share some credentials we can guide you to the problematic ones. Or maybe @jose can give you some advice as he has solved this recently.

2 Likes

Hi @Pablo,

Thanks for your response. I will keep an eye out for the release of 2.0.0 :slight_smile:

With regards to @Mastewal’s comment, we are experiencing problems with the new DHIS2 Android app update when downloaded from the Play store, but not from Github, so we will be downloading from Github for all devices.

3 Likes

@berhard

That’s really weird… Are you using the release apk from github or the training one? The release and the google play ones are exactly the same. We’ll have a look at it.

Thank you!

1 Like

@Pablo
We are using the google play one. We just updated from google play.

Thanks
Mastewal

1 Like

Hi @berhard,

the 2.33 comaptible version will be 2.0.0 which is being tested now and will be released early November.

Thanks!
Marta

1 Like

Great to hear! Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @phil, is there a setting to remove the decimal from the single value chart when required?

1 Like

Hi @ifeanyiokoye,

Yes the number of decimal outputs can be defined in the indicator settings found in the maintenance application. When I was just testing this I found a bug that when the number of decimals is set to zero one decimal is still shown in the analytics outputs.

The bug has been reported, prioritized, and assigned. [DHIS2-8033] - Jira

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Scott

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Data entry form is not visible when trying to use the capture app

@Derebe Try clearing your cache using the built-in Browser Cache Cleaning App. Then open the capture app again as you did before.

1 Like

@chase.freeman I did that with no avail. any other suggestion? by the way I am testing it in a local machine not in a cloud server.

1 Like

Hi,

Sigh - it’s really frustrating that this bug has not been permanently fixed yet. I reported it the first time 5 months ago, it keeps on tripping people up.

See JIRA 7301 for a temporary workaround

Best regards

Calle

2 Likes

@sean.leland.dryer Thank you that worked fro me too.

2 Likes

Hello Phil, hope you had a nice holidays, I would like to ask you how to migrate the maps information for the polygons to this version from 2.30, we did an export/import of the OU, the OU tree was imported with no problem but the polygons don´t appear on the GIS app. Could you please give us a step by step on how to import the maps? We will appreciate it very much.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @jgaf1980,

Thanks for your kind wishes!

I’m afraid I will be on leave until January 6th. In the meantime, I’ll bring your question to the attention of some of my colleagues who may be able to provide some guidance.

It might be impossible to do a direct transfer (export from 2.30 and import to 2.33) of OU metadata due to data model incompatibility (the geometry data model was changed in 2.32, for example).
In that case, you may have to either

• upgrade a copy of your 2.30 DB before you export your OU metadata, OR
  • import into a 2.30 version and then upgrade to 2.33.

I am just guessing here, but that is what I would try in the first instance.

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like

Hi @jgaf1980,

As Phil mentioned, you should perform an upgrade in-place on the database rather than attempting to export from 2.30 and import to 2.33. Regarding specifically the organisation unit geometries - due to the difference in geometry field name (coordinates in 2.30, geometry in 2.32+) the import/export will not include geometries in this case - if you duplicate your 2.30 server with its entire database, then upgrade that second 2.30 version to 2.33, then the geometries will be correctly upgraded.

Please let us know if you run into any issues during the upgrade process, and happy new year!

Regards,
Austin

1 Like