DHIS version 2.32 is released

Hi @obira,

For that sort of error it’s probably most useful for you to first look in the logs for the webserver (are you using Tomcat?).
It’s easier for us to try and help you if you give a bit more information. For example, what version of DHIS2 are you trying to install? what version of the documentation have you followed, and with which options? what database/version are you using? what operating system and version so you have on your laptop? All of these details can have an impact on the sort of issues you might face when setting up the system.

2 Likes

Bonjour Bob, comment allez vous ?
Je suis très heureux de rejoindre DHIS2 Community. J’ai toujours rêvé travailler avec vous sur le DHIS2.

Sender notified by

[Mailtrack](https://mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&)
                17/05/19 à 20:42:30

Le mar. 14 mai 2019 à 12:57, Bob Jolliffe via DHIS2 Community noreply@community.dhis2.org a écrit :

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issues installing DHIS version 2.32 on tomcat 7 servelet

with this new version, impossible to login with android apps, even on https://play.dhis2.org/2.32.0/
Does anybody got the same problem ?

2 Likes

Hi @fabien79!

Thanks for your m3ssage. The android app is still not compatible with 2.32. We are testing the new version nd will be released in a few weeks… but for now you need a server between 2.29 and 2.31 to use the app.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Event Capture in version 2.32 demo

Thank you all!

Le mer. 12 juin 2019 à 13:12, Markus Bekken via DHIS2 Community noreply@community.dhis2.org a écrit :

2 Likes

Dear all,

It’s been good following the discussions and they sound really interesting.

I asked before, and please permit me to ask again: How do I get DHIS into Trinidad without government funding?

Can someone walk me through this please?

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks

Godson (godson.u.eze@gmail.com)

1 Like

Trying to upgrade an instance from version 2.31.3 to 2.32.0, and throws these errors while running the migration scripts. The instance fails to start. What could be the issue?
PostgreSQL version 10

Snapshot of the errors:

* INFO  2019-06-13 10:29:39,106 Hibernate configuration loaded: dialect: 'org.hisp.dhis.hibernate.dialect.DhisPostgresDialect', region factory: 'org.hibernate.cache.ehcache.EhCacheRegionFactory', connection pool max size: 80 (DefaultHibernateConfigurationProvider.java [localhost-startStop-1])
* ERROR 2019-06-13 10:56:26,618 Migration of schema "public" to version 2.32.8 - OrgUnit geometry field failed! Changes successfully rolled back. (Slf4jLog.java [localhost-startStop-1])
* WARN  2019-06-13 10:56:26,624 Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.hisp.dhis.security.acl.AclService' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/dhis2/trackerdev/webapps/trackerdev/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-service-acl-2.32.0.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.hisp.dhis.schema.SchemaService' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/dhis2/trackerdev/webapps/trackerdev/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-service-schema-2.32.0.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.hisp.dhis.schema.PropertyIntrospectorService': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'sessionFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'flyway' defined in URL [jar:file:/var/lib/dhis2/trackerdev/webapps/trackerdev/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-db-migration-2.32.0.jar!/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.flywaydb.core.internal.command.DbMigrate$FlywayMigrateException: 
Migration V2_32_8__OrgUnit_geometry_field.sql failed
----------------------------------------------------
SQL State  : XX000
Error Code : 0
Message    : ERROR: unexpected character (at offset 31)
Location   : org/hisp/dhis/db/migration/2.32/V2_32_8__OrgUnit_geometry_field.sql (/var/lib/dhis2/trackerdev/webapps/file:/var/lib/dhis2/myinstance/webapps/trackerdev/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-db-migration-2.32.0.jar!/org/hisp/dhis/db/migration/2.32/V2_32_8__OrgUnit_geometry_field.sql)
Line       : 5
Statement  : -- update the 'geometry' field with existing data from 'coordinates' column (Point type)
update organisationunit
set geometry = ST_SetSRID(ST_GeomFromGeoJSON('{"type":"Point", "coordinates":' || coordinates || '}'), 4326)
where featuretype = 'POINT'
 (AbstractApplicationContext.java [localhost-startStop-1])

Caused by: org.flywaydb.core.internal.sqlscript.FlywaySqlScriptException: 
Migration V2_32_8__OrgUnit_geometry_field.sql failed
----------------------------------------------------
SQL State  : XX000
Error Code : 0
Message    : ERROR: unexpected character (at offset 31)
Location   : org/hisp/dhis/db/migration/2.32/V2_32_8__OrgUnit_geometry_field.sql (/var/lib/dhis2/trackerdev/webapps/file:/var/lib/dhis2/trackerdev/webapps/trackerdev/WEB-INF/lib/dhis-support-db-migration-2.32.0.jar!/org/hisp/dhis/db/migration/2.32/V2_32_8__OrgUnit_geometry_field.sql)
Line       : 5
Statement  : -- update the 'geometry' field with existing data from 'coordinates' column (Point type)
update organisationunit
set geometry = ST_SetSRID(ST_GeomFromGeoJSON('{"type":"Point", "coordinates":' || coordinates || '}'), 4326)
where featuretype = 'POINT'

at org.flywaydb.core.internal.sqlscript.DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.handleException(DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.java:249)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.sqlscript.DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.executeStatement(DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.java:202)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.sqlscript.DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.execute(DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.java:125)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.resolver.sql.SqlMigrationExecutor.execute(SqlMigrationExecutor.java:77)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.command.DbMigrate.doMigrateGroup(DbMigrate.java:367)
	... 92 more
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unexpected character (at offset 31)
	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2440)
	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2183)
	at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:308)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeInternal(PgStatement.java:441)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:365)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeWithFlags(PgStatement.java:307)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeCachedSql(PgStatement.java:293)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.executeWithFlags(PgStatement.java:270)
	at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.execute(PgStatement.java:266)
	at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyStatement.execute(NewProxyStatement.java:75)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.jdbc.JdbcTemplate.executeStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:235)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.sqlscript.StandardSqlStatement.execute(StandardSqlStatement.java:42)
	at org.flywaydb.core.internal.sqlscript.DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.executeStatement(DefaultSqlScriptExecutor.java:189)
	... 95 more

1 Like

@banga The issue is that the existing data in the coordinates column of organisationunit table is corrupted. It could be just one row that is corrupted or a set of rows. Another user had asked this which is similar , check this thread . Please let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance.

1 Like

Great, let me check this out. Thanks @Ameen

1 Like

Hi Banga,

Can you check that you have the postGIS spatial extension installed. Additionally, run the script… CREATE Extension postgis against your database.

Hope this helps,

Ali

2 Likes

Thanks @akarisa, the postgis extension is installed. Let me confirm the issue of invalid coordinates.

1 Like

After fixing the wrongly defined coordinates and adjusting the max_locks_per_transaction for postgresql, it now works. Thanks all.

3 Likes

Ok. Thank you

2 Likes

I can confirm that for my, Joe, the functionality is as you are mentioning. I did notice that, along these lines, the app(s) being filtered as you type are not pre-highlighted, nor could they be selected by the arrow keys for quicker access

UPDATE: I just saw that this was already brought up above and that you can select tab to start this no-mouse experience. Works fine for me.

1 Like

I got few contacts from several international organizations in the health sector.
email me: antoniusimmanuel@live.com

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: 404 Error when setting up DHIS2

Thanks Philip for your feedback.These are the versions that am using:
apache-tomcat-9.0.21
dhis.war v2.32
jdk-8u211-windows-x64
postgresql-11.4-1-windows-x64
Windows 10

1 Like

Hi @obira,

As you are running on windows, I would suggest you first take a look at this thread (Installing DHIS2 on a Windows Local Server) which has several links from the community aimed at running on Windows and avoiding the 404 error.

Let us know if that helps!

Kind regards,
Phil

1 Like