detail walkthrough to use postgresql with DHIS2 Live

Dear all,

I am trying to test DHIS2 for monitoring projects in a Humanitarian organization.

I cannot find the way to use postgresql with DHIS2 LIVE, so far i have located the dhis.conf file and also download dhis2-db-sierra-leone.sql.

Is it possible that you can help with a step by step instruction to make the set up? since i have limit knowledge for programing this database.

I have tried to make my test with the H2 version but when i try to use analytic to export i get this error:

2018-02-21 08:06:37 Process failed: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [create table _orgunitstructure_temp (organisationunitid integer not null primary key, organisationunituid character(11), level integer, “idlevel1” integer, “uidlevel1” character(11), “idlevel2” integer, “uidlevel2” character(11));]; nested exception is org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Tabla “_ORGUNITSTRUCTURE_TEMP” ya existe Table “_ORGUNITSTRUCTURE_TEMP” already exists; SQL statement: create table _orgunitstructure_temp (organisationunitid integer not null primary key, organisationunituid character(11), level integer, “idlevel1” integer, “uidlevel1” character(11), “idlevel2” integer, “uidlevel2” character(11)); [42101-194]
2018-02-21 08:06:37 Updating resource tables
2018-02-21 08:06:37 Analytics table update process started

Then I tried to change the dhis2.conf with the following text:

Hibernate SQL dialect

connection.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect

JDBC driver class

connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver

JDBC driver connection URL

connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:dbname

Database username

connection.username = username

Database password

connection.password = password

Database schema behavior, can be validate, update, create, create-drop

connection.schema = update

#Encryption password (sensitive)

#encryption.password = password

didnt work, i got 503 error.

I have also downloaded POSTGRADESQL 10 (I am not sure if this is necessary).

many thanks in advance for your support!

best,

Eduardo.

Hi Eduardo,

You seem to be on the right track, I attach some slides I made a long time ago.

Here is what it says in the manual regarding dhis.conf:

https://docs.dhis2.org/2.25/en/implementer/html/install_server_setup.html#install_database_configuration

I would suggest starting with an empty Postgres database. and let DHIS2 generate the tables.

Knut

Installation on a Windows laptop.pptx (63.3 KB)

···

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 1:49 AM, Eduardo Gonzalez egonzalezhn@gmail.com wrote:

Dear all,

I am trying to test DHIS2 for monitoring projects in a Humanitarian organization.

I cannot find the way to use postgresql with DHIS2 LIVE, so far i have located the dhis.conf file and also download dhis2-db-sierra-leone.sql.

Is it possible that you can help with a step by step instruction to make the set up? since i have limit knowledge for programing this database.

I have tried to make my test with the H2 version but when i try to use analytic to export i get this error:

2018-02-21 08:06:37 Process failed: StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [create table _orgunitstructure_temp (organisationunitid integer not null primary key, organisationunituid character(11), level integer, “idlevel1” integer, “uidlevel1” character(11), “idlevel2” integer, “uidlevel2” character(11));]; nested exception is org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Tabla “_ORGUNITSTRUCTURE_TEMP” ya existe Table “_ORGUNITSTRUCTURE_TEMP” already exists; SQL statement: create table _orgunitstructure_temp (organisationunitid integer not null primary key, organisationunituid character(11), level integer, “idlevel1” integer, “uidlevel1” character(11), “idlevel2” integer, “uidlevel2” character(11)); [42101-194]

Hibernate SQL dialect

JDBC driver class

Database username

Database password

best,

Eduardo.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Knut Staring

Department of Information, Evidence and Research
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Office: +41 22 791 3683 Mob1: +33 6 4434 2931 Mob2: +47 9188 0522

Dear Knut,

many thanks for this, it worked!

I had to install Postgresql v9.5 to make it work. I the start couldn’t get in, then I did some tests and i discover that you have to add control all privileges to the dhis user in the privileges tab.

Many thank again for this detail instructions, I suggest to add the privileges step and add this Tutorial to the main page of the download DHIS2 LIVE section, I have seem many people asking the same thing, setup postgresql with DHIS2 Live.

Again, many thanks for your help!

best,

E.

···

2018-02-24 2:29 GMT-06:00 Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com:

Hi Eduardo,

https://docs.dhis2.org/2.25/en/implementer/html/install_server_setup.html#install_database_configuration

I would suggest starting with an empty Postgres database. and let DHIS2 generate the tables.

Knut

Dear all,

Hibernate SQL dialect

JDBC driver class

Database username

Database password

best,

Eduardo.

Knut Staring

Hi Eduardo,

Great that you got it working and thanks for the feedback - I will update it and ask the website maintainers to place it on the website.

Cheers,

Knut

···

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Eduardo Gonzalez egonzalezhn@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Knut,

many thanks for this, it worked!

I had to install Postgresql v9.5 to make it work. I the start couldn’t get in, then I did some tests and i discover that you have to add control all privileges to the dhis user in the privileges tab.

Many thank again for this detail instructions, I suggest to add the privileges step and add this Tutorial to the main page of the download DHIS2 LIVE section, I have seem many people asking the same thing, setup postgresql with DHIS2 Live.

Again, many thanks for your help!

best,

E.

2018-02-24 2:29 GMT-06:00 Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com:

Hi Eduardo,

Knut

Dear all,

Hibernate SQL dialect

JDBC driver class

Database username

Database password

best,

Eduardo.

Knut Staring

Knut Staring