Default form swap between row and column

Dear All

Is there any plan to give an option in Dataset edit to swap (transpose) row and column in default form.

In some of our forms, there are a number of category option which will be better to see as row, and it will better if we can see data elements in column. It may improve the view and print facility from dataset report and data entry screen.

It will be great if the option can be added in section management. So that each section can view differently.

···

Nayeem Al Mifthah
Consultant for HSS, Health MIS, M&E
Email: n.mifthah@gmail.com
Cell:+8801914030574

Hi Nayeem,

I agree that would be useful. There are no immediate plans for this unfortunately. For now you will have to resort to a custom form.

best regards,

Lars

···

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Nayeem Al Mifthah n.mifthah@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All

Is there any plan to give an option in Dataset edit to swap (transpose) row and column in default form.

In some of our forms, there are a number of category option which will be better to see as row, and it will better if we can see data elements in column. It may improve the view and print facility from dataset report and data entry screen.

It will be great if the option can be added in section management. So that each section can view differently.

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

http://www.dhis2.org

Dear Lars

Thanks for your clarification.

Could it go under near future development plan.

···

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Lars Helge Øverland lars@dhis2.org wrote:

Hi Nayeem,

I agree that would be useful. There are no immediate plans for this unfortunately. For now you will have to resort to a custom form.

best regards,

Lars

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Dear All

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

Dear All

If the above mention functionality will take long time to develop, is it possible to add “Design data entry form” option under section of dataset.

Actually, we have large category combo (with long list of category option combo) for one section of a dataset, which make the default data entry form large in horizontal side for that section. The same dataset have another section with some elements with no category combo which looks good in default form.

It will be great, if I can design one section and leave another as default. I can design the full dataset in custom form, but how much design i have inserted it takes long time to load in low resource settings. And you all know, Bangladesh is implementing a large database of DHIS2 with limited bandwidth in central and end user level.

···

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Nayeem Al Mifthah n.mifthah@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Lars

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Hi Nayeem,

best regards,

Lars

Dear All

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

Dear Nayeem,

You can create multiple datasets from that one long dataset.

Then you can make one dataset a custom form and then the other as a section.

It is also not a good idea to have long datasets (aka forms) in form design.

Alex

···

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 6:16 AM, Nayeem Al Mifthah n.mifthah@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All

If the above mention functionality will take long time to develop, is it possible to add “Design data entry form” option under section of dataset.

Actually, we have large category combo (with long list of category option combo) for one section of a dataset, which make the default data entry form large in horizontal side for that section. The same dataset have another section with some elements with no category combo which looks good in default form.

It will be great, if I can design one section and leave another as default. I can design the full dataset in custom form, but how much design i have inserted it takes long time to load in low resource settings. And you all know, Bangladesh is implementing a large database of DHIS2 with limited bandwidth in central and end user level.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Dear Lars

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Hi Nayeem,

best regards,

Lars

Dear All

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

Alex Tumwesigye

Technical Advisor - DHIS2 (Consultant),
Ministry of Health/AFENET | HISP Uganda

Kampala

Uganda
+256 774149 775, + 256 759 800161

Skype ID: talexie

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems - DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

"I don’t want to be anything other than what I have been - one tree hill "

Dear Alex

I know the concept and good practice. but from program perspective it is necessary to make it under one… as this form is related with budget allocation with completeness of this dataset.

···

Nayeem Al Mifthah

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Alex Tumwesigye atumwesigye@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Nayeem,

Alex

Dear All

Alex Tumwesigye

Kampala

Uganda

IT Consultant (Servers, Networks and Security, Health Information Systems - DHIS2, Disease Outbreak & Surveillance Systems) & Solar Consultant

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Dear Lars

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Hi Nayeem,

best regards,

Lars

Dear All

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

Nayeem,

Then you don’t have a choice for now. You have to do a custom form for the whole dataset.

Alex

···

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Nayeem Al Mifthah n.mifthah@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Alex

I know the concept and good practice. but from program perspective it is necessary to make it under one… as this form is related with budget allocation with completeness of this dataset.

Nayeem Al Mifthah

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Alex Tumwesigye atumwesigye@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Nayeem,

Alex

Dear All

Alex Tumwesigye

Kampala

Uganda

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Dear Lars

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Hi Nayeem,

best regards,

Lars

Dear All

Nayeem Al Mifthah

Lars Helge Øverland

Lead developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

lars@dhis2.org

Alex Tumwesigye

Kampala

Uganda