DEADLINE SOON: Call for Abstracts - DHIS2 Annual Conference

We are inviting submissions of abstracts for the DHIS2 Annual Conference (June 17-20, Oslo, Norway).

The Annual Conference is a unique opportunity to share experiences and knowledge around DHIS2 implementation with a wide audience, and for the DHIS2 community to learn from the many, diverse uses, settings, themes and domains in which we work.

We welcome all topics and are specifically interested in user stories around the following:

• Data driven decisions: use cases showing data driving decision-making
  • Large scale tracker implementations
  • Using DHIS2 at point of care

We will carefully review all submitted abstracts. As in previous years, we are anticipating a high number of abstracts, and we unfortunately will not be able to accept all submissions.

Once the abstract has been accepted, the authors will be asked to develop their abstract into either a poster, a presentation or live demo session, depending on the Conference’s program.

We kindly ask that the abstract clearly indicates the corresponding author for communication purposes. Please note that participation of at least one of the authors in the DHIS2 Annual Conference is required for the abstract to be accepted.

Abstract length: 400 words

Date for submission: March 29, 2019

Date of notification of acceptance: April 11, 2019

Please your abstract before the given deadline to abstractsoslo2019@dhis2.org​

7 Likes

Please is the abstract a perquisite for the Oslo training?

2 Likes

Hi Akinola Gbenga Stephen,

No, the abstract is not a prerequisite for the DHIS2 Annual Conference.

Best regards,
Kjerstin

2 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Dear
Kjerstin,
I am Alfred from Sierra Leone, database manager working for the HIV programme. Some few clarifications.

Does the acceptance of an abstract qualifies a country to have the primary author to be sponsored by the University of Oslo for all associated cost to the conference including (Visa, ticket, and hotels) e.t.c or the country take charge of part of, or what?

Regards

5 Likes

Thank you Kjerstin for information

3 Likes

Dear Alfred,

Unfortunately, UiO is not able to sponsor the presenters of the abstracts. The presenters/country is responsible for all of the costs.

Best regards,
Kjerstin

4 Likes

Dear Kjerstin,

I send a query to abstractsoslo2019@dhis2.org but it bounced. What other email address can be used to submit abstracts.

What is the cut off point time for abstract submissions and in which time zone? Is an extension foreseen?

Thanks,
Miriam

2 Likes

Hi Miriam,

I am sorry that the email bounced. It should work.

Could you resend the abstract to abstractsoslo2019@dhis2.org, but also copy me at kjerstin@dhis2.org?

Ideally we would like to receive the abstract at the end of the day today (EDT), but we will accept it if we receive it on Monday morning EDT.

Best regards,
Kjerstin

2 Likes

Dear Kjerstin,
Thanks for your quick feedback. I will send to both emails.
Best wishes,
Miriam

2 Likes

Thanks Kjerstin,

I sent our abstract yesterday to both email accounts and i hope you got it.

Its from FHI360 LINKAGES MALAWI.

Regards

Stanley

2 Likes

Hi Stanley,

Yes we received your abstract. Thanks for submitting.

Best regards,
Kjerstin

2 Likes