DateTime calculation for time in minutes between Tracker Capture stages

Good morning everyone, and greetings from Boston, MA, USA.

I have a question about the use of the DateTime value type in version 2.28.

Is there documentation yet about the recommended way to calculate some of the following calculations in the Tracker Capture module?

· Time (in minutes) between two DateTime values? For an event with multiple stages, we are capturing in Stage 1, the Date/Time of arrival in the Emergency Department. In Stage 2, the Date/Time of an emergency intervention procedure.

· Median Time (in minutes) between these two stages, calculated for each facility and also per country.

Please share any advice on the best direction for calculating these time differences, using enrollment program indicators if possible.

For testing purposes, I have created
sample data elements in the Demo Server, and entered sample data
in the Event Capture module.

Please note, my test data is in Event capture, but my question relates to Tracker capture. Unfortunately I was unable to register a person into my a test program with 2 stages in the demo server.

Thank you!

Mike Johnson, MSc | MEQ Manager

Monitoring, Evaluation & Quality Improvement | Partners In Health

Email: mjohnson@pih.org

Mobile: +1 857-206-5246

Submit an MEQ data request

Hi all,

I have a similar issue to Mike’s. I’m trying to calculate time differences between data elements with a value type of Time, but the program indicators do not seem to calculate. It appears that the time values might be stored as strings in the system? Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thanks,

Aaron

···

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:46 PM, Mike Johnson mjohnson@pih.org wrote:

Good morning everyone, and greetings from Boston, MA, USA.

I have a question about the use of the DateTime value type in version 2.28.

Is there documentation yet about the recommended way to calculate some of the following calculations in the Tracker Capture module?

· Time (in minutes) between two DateTime values? For an event with multiple stages, we are capturing in Stage 1, the Date/Time of arrival in the Emergency Department. In Stage 2, the Date/Time of an emergency intervention procedure.

· Median Time (in minutes) between these two stages, calculated for each facility and also per country.

Please share any advice on the best direction for calculating these time differences, using enrollment program indicators if possible.

For testing purposes, I have created
sample data elements in the Demo Server, and entered sample data
in the Event Capture module.

Please note, my test data is in Event capture, but my question relates to Tracker capture. Unfortunately I was unable to register a person into my a test program with 2 stages in the demo server.

Thank you!

Mike Johnson, MSc | MEQ Manager

Monitoring, Evaluation & Quality Improvement | Partners In Health

Email: mjohnson@pih.org

Mobile: +1 857-206-5246

Submit an MEQ data request

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Aaron C. White

1 Like

Hi Mike,
I was wondering if you could share your solution that you ended up using? I have the same problem still.
Best,
Sara

1 Like

Hi Sara, I’m sorry it took me so long to reply, I was hoping to get some more information for you, but I wasn’t able to. This is a project I was working on as a freelancer and I don’t have access to the workspace, so I don’t know what was eventually done to fix the issue. I recall that we tried to create option-sets for hours and minutes, but I don’t remember if we managed to get the calculations to work this way.

1 Like