Dataset Orgunit selection "No roots found"

Hi Everyone,

I exported some metadata from one instance with import/export apps and then imported them to a new testing instances. I noticed that some of Data set doesn’t allow me to select orgunit for dataset assignment.

Could some one help me resolving this issue? I don’t find a way.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Have you assigned your user to the root orgunit?

···

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018, 09:21 vunda limbe vundalon@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I exported some metadata from one instance with import/export apps and then imported them to a new testing instances. I noticed that some of Data set doesn’t allow me to select orgunit for dataset assignment.

Could some one help me resolving this issue? I don’t find a way.

Thanks.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I successfuly imported new organization units into the system but dataset shows no roots found, see the screenshot.

If I search org units by name, the will become visible and I can assign dataset to the org unit one by one, level or group assignments still doesn’t work:

In the data entry however org units cannot be selected. I see them in the org unit tree, however they cannot be selected. Data cannot be entered as a result.

Current user:

admin

Version:

2.31-SNAPSHOT

Build revision:

ddf2ea2

Build date:

2018-11-30 20:18

1 Like

Hi @Hynek_Kruzik,

I have seen this happen when organisation unit levels are not saved. Could you go to maintenance app → organisation unit level and hit the save button?

1 Like

Hi Gintare,

thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, this didn’t help. To eliminate possible errors in metadata import, I created another clean instance of the DHIS 2 system (latest version 2.32.0) and I created two organisation units manually. The problem persists. Data set management does not show organization unit levels in the data set editor. I can assign data set to the organization using search, but at the data entry, organization unit cannot be selected in the tree. :frowning:
Any help more than welcommed!
Best
Hynek

1 Like

It seems that there might be a problem in the org units maintenance app. Please, could @dhis2-test-qa check?

1 Like

@Hynek_Kruzik,

If organisation unit levels haven’t fixed your problem, please make sure that your user has access for “Data capture and maintenance organisation units” for your org units. You can configure this in Users app:

• Go to users app;
  • Select your user;
  • Tick your organisation units under “Data capture and maintenance organisation units”
4 Likes

I am usign standard admin account with superuser role. So, I expect that admin will have all necessary rights. However your suggestion works!
I still beleive that it is either an error in the system or this step should be better described in the user manual (earlier versions of the DHIS 2 didn’t require such setting for admin).

Anyhow, thank you very much for your help!

Hynek

2 Likes

To solve this problem, simply create a new user and give him super user rights and once connected with this new account, you will see the org units :+1:

1 Like

@Gintare thanks for this solution

1 Like