DataElements don't appear ordered in the Event Capture Android App

Dear devs, Araz,

I’m doing some tests with the 0.5.6 release for Android Event Capture pulling metadata from a 2.25 server. It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order, or at least they are not appearing in the same order defined in the programstage. Would this be a bug?

Also, we are planning to move some countries to 2.25 in the next weeks, some of them are using android for data collection. Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25? (I’m mainly interested in Event Capture android app).

Please let me know as we need to make a decission about using 2.25 or not…

Thanks

Jose

Dear Jose,

  • It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order

We are already aware of this issue and planning to release fix this week.

  • Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25?

EventCapture is relatively stable now, however it still lacks some features of old event capture like support of indicators and some of the program rules. In other words, it depends what you need for your use case.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. Your feedback on the new app is also highly appreciated.

Best regards,

···

Araz Abishov,

Android developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

https://www.dhis2.org/

On November 9, 2016 at 6:04:09 AM, Jose Garcia Muñoz (josemp10@gmail.com) wrote:

Dear devs, Araz,

I’m doing some tests with the 0.5.6 release for Android Event Capture pulling metadata from a 2.25 server. It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order, or at least they are not appearing in the same order defined in the programstage. Would this be a bug?

Also, we are planning to move some countries to 2.25 in the next weeks, some of them are using android for data collection. Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25? (I’m mainly interested in Event Capture android app).

Please let me know as we need to make a decission about using 2.25 or not…

Thanks

Jose

Hi Araz,

many thanks for your quick answer.

Great if you can solve the order issue this week, please let us know when it’s done. Thanks, these are good news

Right now, we don’t need indicators (it is a nice to have, but we can live without them for a while). When do you consider all the funcionality will be ready in this version?

Also I think I have detected a new bug related to ‘Expiry period type’ and ‘Expiry days’ (by the way, it is fantastic to have this feature in android). The problem I have found:

This is the program configuration we have

So in theory event capture shouldn’t be able to upload events to dhis2 before the current month (today is 11/11/2016). The next screen represents the EC dashboard

These are the steps I follow:

  1. I have created 2 events, 2016-11-11 and 2016-11-08, they were sync with the server with no problems

  2. I have created 1 event with the report date on the 2016-09-11. This event has not been uploaded to DHIS2 (and it is correct because the server shouldn’t allow events before November)

  3. I have created 1 event on the 2016-11-11, and in this case the event should be uploaded, but as you can see in the dashboard, it wasn’t.

So the app seem to get stuck whenever there is an event out of the “reporting period”. It seems that the users can not send events anymore. Would this be a bug? or am I missing something?

Also, it would be great if you could fill all this empty space with the name of the org.unit, otherwise the user can get confused… Does it make sense?

Thanks much Araz for your quick answers. The app looks great!

Regards

Jose

···

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Araz Abishov araz@dhis2.org wrote:

Dear Jose,

  • It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order

We are already aware of this issue and planning to release fix this week.

  • Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25?

EventCapture is relatively stable now, however it still lacks some features of old event capture like support of indicators and some of the program rules. In other words, it depends what you need for your use case.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. Your feedback on the new app is also highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Araz Abishov,

Android developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

https://www.dhis2.org/

On November 9, 2016 at 6:04:09 AM, Jose Garcia Muñoz (josemp10@gmail.com) wrote:

Dear devs, Araz,

I’m doing some tests with the 0.5.6 release for Android Event Capture pulling metadata from a 2.25 server. It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order, or at least they are not appearing in the same order defined in the programstage. Would this be a bug?

Also, we are planning to move some countries to 2.25 in the next weeks, some of them are using android for data collection. Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25? (I’m mainly interested in Event Capture android app).

Please let me know as we need to make a decission about using 2.25 or not…

Thanks

Jose

Hi Jose and Rodolfo,

Thank you for feedback.

We have released an update for event capture which fixes issue with order of data elements and options. You can find latest .apk here: https://github.com/dhis2/dhis2-android-eventcapture/releases/tag/0.5.7

  • So the app seem to get stuck whenever there is an event out of the "reporting period”.

It seems that it is an issue in syncing logic (or possibly new changes introduced in API), we will investigate this and fix as soon as possible.

  • Also, it would be great if you could fill all this empty space with the name of the org.unit

Yes, It looks quite empty in case when program is not set to capture coordinates. We can experiment and find better solution for this.

  • Program Rules: can you please expand on what’s implemented and what’s not implemented?

Warnings and hide section rule action types are still in progress.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide firm deadline / estimation for final release, but we are planning to release it in the beginning of next year.

Best regards,

···

On 11 November 2016 at 09:01, Jose Garcia Muñoz josemp10@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Araz,

many thanks for your quick answer.

Great if you can solve the order issue this week, please let us know when it’s done. Thanks, these are good news

Right now, we don’t need indicators (it is a nice to have, but we can live without them for a while). When do you consider all the funcionality will be ready in this version?

Also I think I have detected a new bug related to ‘Expiry period type’ and ‘Expiry days’ (by the way, it is fantastic to have this feature in android). The problem I have found:

This is the program configuration we have

So in theory event capture shouldn’t be able to upload events to dhis2 before the current month (today is 11/11/2016). The next screen represents the EC dashboard

These are the steps I follow:

  1. I have created 2 events, 2016-11-11 and 2016-11-08, they were sync with the server with no problems
  1. I have created 1 event with the report date on the 2016-09-11. This event has not been uploaded to DHIS2 (and it is correct because the server shouldn’t allow events before November)
  1. I have created 1 event on the 2016-11-11, and in this case the event should be uploaded, but as you can see in the dashboard, it wasn’t.

So the app seem to get stuck whenever there is an event out of the “reporting period”. It seems that the users can not send events anymore. Would this be a bug? or am I missing something?

Also, it would be great if you could fill all this empty space with the name of the org.unit, otherwise the user can get confused… Does it make sense?

Thanks much Araz for your quick answers. The app looks great!

Regards

Jose

R

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Araz Abishov araz@dhis2.org wrote:

Dear Jose,

  • It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order

We are already aware of this issue and planning to release fix this week.

  • Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25?

EventCapture is relatively stable now, however it still lacks some features of old event capture like support of indicators and some of the program rules. In other words, it depends what you need for your use case.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. Your feedback on the new app is also highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Araz Abishov,

Android developer, DHIS 2

University of Oslo

https://www.dhis2.org/

On November 9, 2016 at 6:04:09 AM, Jose Garcia Muñoz (josemp10@gmail.com) wrote:

Dear devs, Araz,

I’m doing some tests with the 0.5.6 release for Android Event Capture pulling metadata from a 2.25 server. It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order, or at least they are not appearing in the same order defined in the programstage. Would this be a bug?

Also, we are planning to move some countries to 2.25 in the next weeks, some of them are using android for data collection. Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25? (I’m mainly interested in Event Capture android app).

Please let me know as we need to make a decission about using 2.25 or not…

Thanks

Jose