Data importing issues in DHIS2

Hello Dhis2 Family
We have the external dhis2 data importing app in DHIS2. The app imports data correctly and the data appears on the pivot tables as expected, but when we check the data on the entry side, we cannot see the data. What could be the cause of data appearing on the pivot table but not on the data entry app?
Regards

@Shapr0019 are you using the android application for data entry? If so are you looking for the data on the same device that it was entered on? If using another device, have you synced both devices with your DHIS2 instance?

1 Like

@chase.freeman Hie
NO! Understand these two methods . We import data in DHIS2 using customs app (Not android App) and the the data is appearing in Pivot tables correctly. Second method we are using to enter data using our PC, data entered in DHIS2 directly using customized dhis2 . The data is appearing in pivot tables correctly. Data elements are the same for all the methods that we are using. The problem is when check the data entry in DHIS2 we can not see the data that was imported . Our aim is to able to see that data set on the data entry screen so that the users can do some adjustment . Data set is having same Dataid and we can see the data on pivot but on entry screen nothing show. Helo aslo help @Gassim Regards

Regards

@Shapr0019 ,

This will happen mainly due to mismatch with dataset configuration and data that was imported. As the data can be seen on pivot table, the import has been successful.

Possible reasons for data not visible in data entry

• Period on data set and data imported is a mismatch
    Ex: The dataset is configured with monthly period and the data imported is weekly.
  • Category combination of data elements is a mismatch
  • The data is imported for a different org unit.

If the dataset configuration is corrected, the data will be automatically visible in data entry app.

Thanks,
Rithvik

1 Like

Hie @rithvik and @chase.freeman

Thank you very much @rithvik for giving hope while the problem has not yet been resolved. I am still confused where exactly things went wrong. Please see my response and additional information.

Period on data set and data imported is a mismatch
Ex: The dataset is configured with monthly period and the data imported is weekly.
The data set is configured monthly, and when we check the imported data set, it appears on the pivot tables under the monthly basis time. This is a clear indication that the data set imported is a monthly data set. The data sets match as shown in the pivot tables.
Category combination of data elements is a mismatch: In this case, the category combination for all our data elements is NONE. In short, there is no category combination for all data elements. The tool is very simple. Is it the lack of a category option that causes such an issue?
The data is imported for a different org unit. In this case, the organization unit’s alignment is correct. On the pivot tables, the data set appears correctly under the same origination unit, same period (Monthly), same data set, and same data element. We use the same criteria to check both the pivot tables and the data entry side.
One more additional point. I imported the data correctly again for another organ unity, and the data set appears correctly on the pivot table. What I did was go to the data entry app of the same form, same period, and same organ unit where the data was not appearing. Then I re-entered the data into the entry app. After I cleared the cache and ran the analytics. When I look at the pivot table, I notice that the data is accumulating. It’s a combination of what I imported and what I manually entered in DHIS2. For example, just for illustration, I imported 5 into Dhis2 and then entered 4 directly into the data entry app in Dhis2 for the same form and data element. When I look at the pivot table, we see 9. This means that the system combined what is imported and what is manually entered. I’m not sure where the problem is.

Regards

1 Like

@Shapr0019 ,

The additional point you have mentioned is something that is expected to happen. As there are 2 entries in the system against same data element and same org unit.

To figure out what is wrong with the import, what you can do is export the data using Import/Export app. As you have entered data manually via data entry app, those records will get also get exported. Then you can compare all the parameters for records you have imported vs records you have manually entered.

Thanks,
Rithvik

1 Like

@rithvik i have tried to everything but i am failing to get the results. Data is imported well and is there on Pivot tables but when we check on the data entry …nothing is there
Regards
Shepherd

On your last point, which OrgUnit level is the data being entered and being imported?

1 Like

Just an update for others following this thread, the issue was due to mismatch of category combinations on imported data and the one configured for the dataset.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! May the OP (@Shapr0019) please mark the post that has the solution. :pray:

@Gassim thanks. I have updated

1 Like