For those that know me… hi… it’s been a while. I migrated back to my home country (NZ) late last year and am re-engaging with the DHIS2 community. Seems like a whole lot of good stuff has happened over the last couple of years.
I have a specific support question related to data-entry forms not loading when going into the standard interface after an upgrade from V2.34.2 from 2.33.6 on a training environment (not the production environment). It’s still important as I will have to revert back a version if we can’t resolve this in the next 24 hours as training is about to be delivered.
Note that we had one one custom form upgrade error during the update process (which we have taken out of the picture for the moment by removing). Also note that there was an identical query back in May from a user that remains ananswered (message on 27 May).
Here’s the issue capture in the following screenshot:
- the getDataSetAssociations is successful
- The getMetaData.action call returns an exception, and causes a parse issue in the user interface shown in the screenshot (the Data Set forms list don’t load).
- While the screenshot displays “No Organisation Unit Selected - No Period Selected - No Data Element Selected”, an organisation is indeed selected, with the setorgunit.action call returning a status code of 200 and a proper json response
- The backend error is a chain very similar to the mentioned email above, and starts with:
2020-11-17T09:27:18,428 Error while executing action (ExceptionInterceptor.java [qtp1588970020-83061])
at java.math.BigDecimal.(BigDecimal.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_221]
at java.math.BigDecimal.(BigDecimal.java:383) ~[?:1.8.0_221]
at java.math.BigDecimal.(BigDecimal.java:809) ~[?:1.8.0_221]
at java.math.BigDecimal.valueOf(BigDecimal.java:1277) ~[?:1.8.0_221]
and seems to head down this pather before going into java library land…
at org.hisp.dhis.expression.DefaultExpressionService.getExpressionOrgUnitGroups(DefaultExpressionService.java:488) ~[dhis-service-core-2.34.2.jar:?]
at org.hisp.dhis.expression.DefaultExpressionService.getIndicatorOrgUnitGroups(DefaultExpressionService.java:275) ~[dhis-service-core-2.34.2.jar:?]
at org.hisp.dhis.expression.DefaultExpressionService.substituteIndicatorExpressions(DefaultExpressionService.java:334) ~[dhis-service-core-2.34.2.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2930.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_221]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_221]…
I have done the following to try and eliminate any potential form/indicator metadata issues:
- Set all data sets to ‘Skip Download’
- Eliminated stray carriage returns from the numerators/denominators of all indicators
The problem still exists however.
Any other hints on where to go next would be appreciated.
All the best from New Zealand,