Data entry by District

Is it possible to capture data for all facilities in one district on one entry form? I want to be able to select district on data entry. then the Entry Form lists all facilities in that district. There is just one data element per facility to be captured. I am trying to avoid a one field data entry form which will be inefficient because I will have to retrieve this form for every facility in the district.

Yes. It is called multiple orgunits or something like that for the dataset

···

On 25 Feb 2015 17:42, “Morina Matasi” morena.motsieng@gmail.com wrote:

Is it possible to capture data for all facilities in one district on one entry form? I want to be able to select district on data entry. then the Entry Form lists all facilities in that district. There is just one data element per facility to be captured. I am trying to avoid a one field data entry form which will be inefficient because I will have to retrieve this form for every facility in the district.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Morina,

You need to go to Apps -> Settings -> General Settings. Check "Enable multi-organisation unit forms” to enable this.

Best regards,

Busoye

···

On 25 Feb 2015, at 11:34, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

Yes. It is called multiple orgunits or something like that for the dataset

On 25 Feb 2015 17:42, “Morina Matasi” morena.motsieng@gmail.com wrote:

Is it possible to capture data for all facilities in one district on one entry form? I want to be able to select district on data entry. then the Entry Form lists all facilities in that district. There is just one data element per facility to be captured. I am trying to avoid a one field data entry form which will be inefficient because I will have to retrieve this form for every facility in the district.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Yes, multi org as Knut said, need to be enabled in system settings

···

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, Knut Staring knutst@gmail.com wrote:

Yes. It is called multiple orgunits or something like that for the dataset

On 25 Feb 2015 17:42, “Morina Matasi” morena.motsieng@gmail.com wrote:

Is it possible to capture data for all facilities in one district on one entry form? I want to be able to select district on data entry. then the Entry Form lists all facilities in that district. There is just one data element per facility to be captured. I am trying to avoid a one field data entry form which will be inefficient because I will have to retrieve this form for every facility in the district.


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Morten

Then, when you go to data entry and select the district, you will see a
list of of forms under "Sub-units" in the data set list. You can select one
of these to load all facilities under the district in the form. This looks
best when you have a relatively simple form.

Lars

···

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Adebusoye Anifalaje <busoye@hisp.org> wrote:

Hi Morina,

You need to go to Apps -> Settings -> General Settings. Check "Enable
multi-organisation unit forms” to enable this.

Best regards,

Busoye

Thanks. This worked the way I wanted.

Now, is there a way to copy what I enter in one data element, to the rest of the data elements fields on the same data entry form. For example, I have 20 facilities now listed vertically on the mult-orgunit data entry, but really, I need to capture the same value for that particular district to the facilities. I am thinking of capturing a value on the first org unit, then finding a way to copy that value to the rest of the fields on the same form.

···

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Lars Helge Øverland larshelge@gmail.com wrote:


Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Adebusoye Anifalaje busoye@hisp.org wrote:

Hi Morina,

You need to go to Apps -> Settings -> General Settings. Check "Enable multi-organisation unit forms” to enable this.

Best regards,

Busoye

Then, when you go to data entry and select the district, you will see a list of of forms under “Sub-units” in the data set list. You can select one of these to load all facilities under the district in the form. This looks best when you have a relatively simple form.

Lars