Data approval does not adhere to datasets assigned to Orgunits

Hi all,

I would like views on what I perceive to be a bug in DHIS2 that Data Approval Workflow does not respect/adhere to Dataset/Orgunit assignment. I’ll paint the scenario:

An integrated HIS reporting system where different facility types report on data elements applicable to them so the Orgunit and Dataset assigned could look something like this:

Country

Dataset assigned

Workflow period

Region 1

District 1

Clinic A

PHC dataset

Monthly

Community Health Centre B

PHC dataset + Delivery dataset

Monthly

Hospital C

Hospital dataset

Monthly

Community outreach D

Community Dataset

Monthly

Emergency Service E

EMS dataset

Monthly

If you set up a workflow for e.g. PHC dataset – Monthly you have to let the Manager of not only Clinic A and Community Health Centre B approve that dataset BUT also Hospital C, Community Outreach D and Emergency Service E while they DON’T REPORT and are not assigned to that dataset. If they don’t all approve the same workflow then District 1 cannot approve the dataset.

Yes, it is possible to create one overall dataset which everyone then approves but it looks very “dirty” because most of the signoff report is elements they should not report on thus blank and it is not easy for them to identify the REAL GAPS which they should have reported on if >50% of the form is blank and it is too long.

What would it take to attach the data approval to the Dataset>Orgunit Assignment that is done for data entry thus only requiring approval at lower level if that orgunit is assigned to the dataset. If that is done then only Clinic A and Community Health Centre B would be assigned to the workflow and be required to approve before District 1 can approve. I would appreciate some feedback and prepared to write a blueprint for it if required.

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel: 041-367 1027

Cell: 082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@hisp.org

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer . Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer. Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission. If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

Elmarie,

We had even more serious issues with trying to setup approvals in DHIS 2.22.

We suddenly realized that analytics were not working and were wondering what had gone wrong. Pivot tables and dataset report were blank. The last action we setup before this was the creating the category option groupsets and setting up the approval workflow.

So, we started removing everything related to the approvals but when it got to removing the category option groupsets from the users we assigned to the 2 groupsets we created, it appeared to unassign, but when you saved and opened again, the groupsets were still assigned to the user. This gave us a huge challenge. I reported this on this forum, but go very little help with it. Eventually we managed move the things off but then we could not delete the option groupsets because they were assigned to users which we could not immediately locate.

Yesterday, 2 users who did not even have the option groupsets applied to their accounts reported that they were getting exception errors when trying to run pivot tables. I checked those users profiles and saw that the option groupsets had been assigned to them. Given that I created the users and the option groupsets, it was a bit bewildering that how that got assigned to them.

I wish the data approval app in DATIM could be made available to users with clear instructions on how to set it up. I think it would be quite helpful.

I plan to actually check the users one by one to see if other users have this issue. I probably will do this easier from the backend, but access to the server is not convenient right now.

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Ifeanyi

Read DrMaestro’s Blog

···

To: dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net; dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 12:39 PM
Subject: [Dhis2-users] Data approval does not adhere to datasets assigned to Orgunits

Hi all,

I would like views on what I perceive to be a bug in DHIS2 that Data Approval Workflow does not respect/adhere to Dataset/Orgunit assignment. I’ll paint the scenario:

An integrated HIS reporting system where different facility types report on data elements applicable to them so the Orgunit and Dataset assigned could look something like this:

Country

Dataset assigned

Workflow period

Region 1

District 1

Clinic A

PHC dataset

Monthly

Community Health Centre B

PHC dataset + Delivery dataset

Monthly

Hospital C

Hospital dataset

Monthly

Community outreach D

Community Dataset

Monthly

Emergency Service E

EMS dataset

Monthly

If you set up a workflow for e.g. PHC dataset – Monthly you have to let the Manager of not only Clinic A and Community Health Centre B approve that dataset BUT also Hospital C, Community Outreach D and Emergency Service E while they DON’T REPORT and are not assigned to that dataset. If they don’t all approve the same workflow then District 1 cannot approve the dataset.

Yes, it is possible to create one overall dataset which everyone then approves but it looks very “dirty” because most of the signoff report is elements they should not report on thus blank and it is not easy for them to identify the REAL GAPS which they should have reported on if >50% of the form is blank and it is too long.

What would it take to attach the data approval to the Dataset>Orgunit Assignment that is done for data entry thus only requiring approval at lower level if that orgunit is assigned to the dataset. If that is done then only Clinic A and Community Health Centre B would be assigned to the workflow and be required to approve before District 1 can approve. I would appreciate some feedback and prepared to write a blueprint for it if required.

Regards,

Elmarie Claasen

Hisp logo

Project Manager

Health Information Systems Program

Tel: 041-367 1027

Cell: 082 374 2209

E-mail: elmarie@hisp.org

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies.html#comms_disclaimer . Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission.
If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

This message and any attachments are subject to a disclaimer published at http://www.hisp.org/policies. html#comms_disclaimer. Please read the disclaimer before opening any attachment or taking any other action in terms of this electronic transmission. If you cannot access the disclaimer, kindly send an email to disclaimer@hisp.org and a copy will be provided to you. By replying to this e-mail or opening any attachment you agree to be bound by the provisions of the disclaimer.

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp