D2 function

Dear all,
Does the use of d2 function require any installation ? It isn’t regognized by Dhis2 when I try to add the program validation rule. (d2:length(A{}))
Fyi I use DHIS2 2.25
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @pa_trick67
Had you gone through the DHIS2 User Manual: 2.25 Table 27.11. Functions to see how the expression format?

Best,
James.

Yes! I had gone their and it worked in just one expression but I want to test many conditions like :

d2:left(A{},1) != “M” && d2:left(A{},1) != “F” || d2:right(A{} }, 2, 3) > 31 && d2:right(A{} }, 4, 5) > 12 && d2:right(A{} }, 6, 7) > 99 || d2:length(A{}) != 12

the A{} is my attribute kind of : “M140298RAHPA” composed by :

1. Gender : M or F
  2. date of birth: ddmmyy
  3. 3 characters of Last Name
  4. 2 characters of first Name

What I want is to show warning if the the Attribute is malformed.
I noticed whenever I change the program rule I have to clear the browser cache otherwise it does take into account my last changes.

Your help is really appriciated.
Thanks a lot

Patrick

3 Likes

Hi there @pa_trick67 !
You are correct, when changing the program rules you have to either delete the cache, OR manually increase the version of the program in the edit program screen.

In cases where you want to check/validate a complex pattern like above, I would all in all suggest using another function that allows regular expression matching. This would if you want simplify the expression into one regular expression for checking the whole expression in one operation:

d2:validatePattern(A{}, ‘[MF]{1}[0-3][0-9]|0-1][0-9][0-9]{2}[a-zA-Z]{5}’)

(regular expression written as example, not tested and syntax checked)

There seems to be some minor syntax errors in the expression examples above, if you end up using the d2:right, d2:left and d2:substring, the errors should be fixed:

d2:right(A{} }, 2, 3) > 31

You probably meant to use “d2:substring” and also remove the extra curly brace after the A{}.

2 Likes

Hi @Markus

I have tested this but still no work :
d2:validatePattern(A{} , ‘[MF]{1}[0-3][0-9][0-1][0-9][0-9]{2}[a-zA-Z]{5}’)
that I have tested here : https://regex101.com/

The deal is that in the regex above I can not check if date is valide.
ex: 340189 or 121990
Is there a function like d2:IsDate() ?.

Finally, I just control the first character and the length :

d2:left(A{}, 1) != “M” && d2:left(A{}, 1) != “F” || d2:length(A{} ) != 12

it works in DHIS2.

I have manually increased the version of the program 9 to be 10.
We planned to update in DHIS2 2.30 I hope I can do that condition.

Thanks you my friend.
Regards.

Patrick

2 Likes

Hey @pa_trick67!
There is no d2:isDate() currently. It would be great if you can describe the use case by creating a user story in jira.dhis2.org.
You can use a regular expression that is more complex for a stricter date validation. Here is a stackoverflow that shows some different options(I would go for the top one :slight_smile: )
Regex to validate date formats dd/mm/YYYY, dd-mm-YYYY, dd.mm.YYYY, dd mmm YYYY, dd-mmm-YYYY, dd/mmm/YYYY, dd.mmm.YYYY with Leap Year Support - Stack Overflow

d2:condition is not supported as a function in program rules, but usually there is other ways of achieving the same functionality. What is the use case for the d2:condition?

Best regards,
Markus

4 Likes

Hi @pa_trick67,

Did you manage to get your functions working or you updated a JIRA ticket for the same?

Best,
James.

2 Likes

How do I subtract [EndDate - StartDate] using d2 functions?

There are d2:daysBetween, monthBetween like functions. Try them as per your need.

I tried, getting errors. I wanted an example. Thank you.

Hi everyone, sorry to bring us back to this topic but I think my challenge somehow is related to this.
I want to restrict my field to 8 characters and upper case only. The length is working perfectly fine and the error message is working just as fine too. What rule can I use for upper case please?

d2:hasValue(A{IM}) && d2:length(A{IM}) != 8 && d2:validatePattern( A{IM}, [] )

Above, I somehow believe I have to use validate pattern but I am not sure what to enter in the [], thereby I left it empty for your opinions.

Thank you

d2:validatePattern(A{IM},'^[A-Z]+$')

We’re using regex here. Hope this works!

1 Like

Hi Gassim,
It worked but I had to separate the program rules.

Thank you

1 Like

Glad it worked! Maybe you had to separate the rules because d2:length(A{IM}) != 8 isn’t accurate. If you want it to be exactly 8 then you’d use == equal rather than not equal but I’d make a suggestion and you’d not need to separate the rules then:

d2:hasValue(A{IM}) && d2:validatePattern(A{IM},'^[A-Z]{8}+$')

Hope this will work as expected! :slight_smile:

2 Likes