Creating Org units with same names

When creating org unit, each orgunit must have a unique name, fine. Should
this be the case even if the names are at different levels? I want to
create org units that have same names for each district.

Anthony

Hi Muyepa

You should use “Full Qualified Names” to avoid same names. This is very important for data analysis.

For example, Muyepa district is different from Muyeper region; same for Muyepa dispensary is different from Muyepa hospital. And this is what we call full qualified names.

Regards,

Lungo

···

When creating org unit, each orgunit must have a unique name, fine. Should this be the case even if the names are at different levels? I want to create org units that have same names for each district.

Anthony

Thanks Juma for the clarification, I agree names should be unique at the same level. It is a hard pill to take for me. I cannot understand why given that muyepa is a health center in district1, should not be a health center in another district x or many others

···

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Juma Lungo juma.lungo@zalongwa.com wrote:

Hi Muyepa

You should use “Full Qualified Names” to avoid same names. This is very important for data analysis.

For example, Muyepa district is different from Muyeper region; same for Muyepa dispensary is different from Muyepa hospital. And this is what we call full qualified names.

Regards,

Lungo

Dr. Juma Lungo - Expert in Information Systems

juma.lungo@zalongwa.com | M: +255 787 065 098

On Feb 11, 2016, at 11:05 PM, Muyepa A. muyepaa@gmail.com wrote:

When creating org unit, each orgunit must have a unique name, fine. Should this be the case even if the names are at different levels? I want to create org units that have same names for each district.

Anthony

I tried to create an existing org unit under a different parent, I get a warning, but still creates the org unit. I want to understand the ramifications of this action.

···

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Muyepa A. muyepaa@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Juma for the clarification, I agree names should be unique at the same level. It is a hard pill to take for me. I cannot understand why given that muyepa is a health center in district1, should not be a health center in another district x or many others

Hi Muyepa

Regards,

Lungo

Anthony

That is just a warning for you to re-confirm the name, but it has no effect if you create same names under two different parents.

Lungo

···

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Muyepa A. muyepaa@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Muyepa

Regards,

Lungo

Anthony