Counting Yes Values

Hi all,

I have a series of data elements of value type Yes/No (aggregation type is set to Sum). I want to have an indicator which gives me the total number of Yes values, so I tried defining it as a sum of the data elements, hoping that the Yes(es) would be stored as 1s and the Noes as 0s and I would be able to get a numerical total of Yes(es). Unfortunately this does not work :frowning:

Is there a way to make the indicator that I want?

Many thanks!

···

Maria Guerra-Arias

Global Program Associate

Planned Parenthood Federation of America

Planned Parenthood Global

Cell: 203.747.9268

www.plannedparenthood.org/global

www.twitter.com/ppglobe

This email is for the sole use of the intended recipients and contains information belonging to PPFA, which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Hi Maria,

My understanding is that for programs all yes/no (Boolean values) should be converted to 1 or 0 when program indicators are evaluated and analytics tables are generated (see my exchange with Lars below, which was back in 2016). So if this isn’t happening for an Event Capture or Tracker program, then it’s quite possibly a bug… But when you say ‘indicators’, do you mean ‘Indicator’ or ‘Program Indicator’? Are these yes/no data elements in a program or a Data Set?

···

From: Dhis2-users dhis2-users-bounces+samuel.johnson=qebo.co.uk@lists.launchpad.net on behalf of “Guerra-Arias, Maria” maria.guerra-arias@ppfa.org

Date: Thursday, 27 September 2018 at 10:25

To: DHIS2 Users List dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Subject: [Dhis2-users] Counting Yes Values

Hi all,

I have a series of data elements of value type Yes/No (aggregation type is set to Sum). I want to have an indicator which gives me the total number of Yes values, so I tried defining it as a sum of the data elements, hoping that the Yes(es) would be stored as 1s and the Noes as 0s and I would be able to get a numerical total of Yes(es). Unfortunately this does not work :frowning:

Is there a way to make the indicator that I want?

Many thanks!

Maria Guerra-Arias

Global Program Associate

www.twitter.com/ppglobe

• This email is for the sole use of the intended recipients and contains information belonging to PPFA, which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.*

Thanks for your response Sam. The data elements are in an Aggregate data set, and the Indicator is a regular Indicator. Perhaps this is why the functionality is different…

···

Maria Guerra-Arias

Global Program Associate

www.twitter.com/ppglobe

This email is for the sole use of the intended recipients and contains information belonging to PPFA, which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Hey @Guerra-Arias_Maria … Did you get a response on the same? I’m trying to accomplish the same with aggregate data elements - trying to determine what is the best way to count in a particular form - the amount of yes values and the amount of no values