Counting text data elements in tracker

In a certain tracker program stage, we have data elements for people’s names to be added. I would like to create either an indicator or program indicator that will count the number of names filled in. Essentially I want to count the number of these data elements that have value/text filled in.

I’m struggling trying to figure out how to do it, find something about it in the documentation, or a topic here in the community where a similar question has been answered.

Thanks for the help!

Hi @Jermacias,

I recommend you check out the Tracker Configuration Academy (for playlist click here and for the Program Indicators session click here)

I suggest a program indicator which has the aggregation type as count, Analytics type as Enrollment, Expression could be V{enrollment_count}, and the filter will be IsNotNull(data-element)

Make sure you clear the cache and run analytics. Hope it works, and please feel free to post back if you have more questions.

Thank you!

How do you count for aggregate data collected through data entry forms?

For aggregate you could select the data element in the Data Visualizer app and you will see the count. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Gassim, I ended up finding a work around by basically creating 6 different program indicators (for the 6 different text fields in the program stage) and then creating an indicator to add them all up. Sorted.

2 Likes