Connection GeneXpert machines with DHIS2

Does any country have the experience of connection geneXpert devices with DHIS2?
I am looking for the same solution.

4 Likes

Thank you for your question @LutfullahShifaa! This indeed is a topic of interest. :+1:

It would be helpful if you’d share more about the use case and what are the needs from this integration?

Thanks!

1 Like

Dear @Gassim
GeneXpert machines are used for multi tests and mostly its used for TB tests. We are using these devices to detect drug resistant TB cases.
The devices are generating reports through GXalert but remains separate from main data source of TB in DHIS2 in the country. Its important to have all TB data in one place (DHIS2) for a holistic view.
We can not afford GXalert financially and technically and maybe its the same case for other countries. So i am looking to find a way to connect the devices with DHIS2 for data collection from devices to DHIS2.
I hope its clear enough now.

3 Likes

We ran a project before COVID started to build end-to-end connectivity from GeneXpert devices in the field to DHIS2. This encompassed both test result data, but also data from the units themselves around their service delivery ( quality of cartridges, machine functionality/ health etc). We also did some work looking at obtaining mutation data from devices.

This work by www.eSHIFT.org and its partners (https://softwareforhealth.org/) was sponsored by www.finddx.org.

We made quite a bit of progress modelling GeneXpert devices in Tracker with various ‘events’ from the devices also represented in the system.

Please contact me if you wish to have more information. steven@eshift.org

2 Likes

Hello @LutfullahShifaa @stevie

I was looking for something similar and I came across this explanation. I look forward to contacting you.In our case, we want to connect the tracker program and it’s final result from bioinformatics data.

1 Like