Configure a tracker capture for spacing visits and closing after 3rd visit

Hi, everyone.

I have created a tracker capture to track patients during 3 visits. first visit is immediately after registration; 2nd visit is 15 days after the 1st visit and 3rd visit is 30 days after the 2nd visit. when the number the number of visits is 3, a chw can not enter data in the tracker capture. Is there a way of doing this in dhis 2?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

This should be very easy. All you need to do is create each of these three visits as a separate program stage, and make each of them non-repeatable. If you tick ‘Generate events based on enrolment date’, then the first program stage should have ‘scheduled days from start’ = 0, the second one ‘scheduled days from start’ = 15 and the third one ‘scheduled days from start’ = 45.

To automate the booking of these three visits, you can either:

1. Tick ‘auto-generate event’ for all three program stages, so that dates for all three visits are booked when the patient is registered.
    or
  2. Tick ‘auto-generate event’ for the first program stage (so the first visit is created immediately during registration), and for the next two program stages, tick ‘ask user to create new event when stage is complete’ (so that when the CHW finishes capturing a visit, they are prompted to book the next visit on the correct date).

If you make each of these program stages non-repeatable, then the CHWs will only be able to capture each program stage/type of visit once - after the third visit, there won’t be any more program stages to capture, so they won’t be able to enter more data.

Finally, if for the third visit/program stage you tick ‘ask user to complete program when stage is complete’, then the CHW will be prompted to close the whole enrolment for that client once the third visit is completed. (But note that DHIS2 just prompts the CHW to do this, it doesn’t force them, and they can still accidentally leave enrolments open.)

These suggestions will hopefully help, but if I’ve misunderstood your setup, please let me know, and I can suggest other solutions.

Cheers, Sam.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Sam. Your suggestions are really helpful, but I have one question: if the form contents (data elements) are the same for the three visits, do I have repeat them in each program stage of the tracker capture? I also have a situation where the form is the same for the number of visits made.

thanks in advance.

2 Likes

If the form contents (data elements) are the same for the three visits, do I have repeat them in each program stage of the tracker capture?

Yes, you’ll need to create the same form three times, once for each program stage. (But you can re-use the same data elements in those three different program stages/forms.)

The most important thing to establish before you start building a DHIS2 Tracker is what reports your users will require from it, as this will often determine how you configure the program stages, data elements, etc.

I also have a situation where the form is the same for the number of visits made.

I’m not sure what you mean by this?

Cheers, Sam.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Sam. Your explanation is very clear.

2 Likes

Hi @SamuelJohnson,

I have read the document: Using DHIS2 Software to Track Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV and I am seeking help with tracker configuration for another use case

Use case

As for a repeatable stage, a user can enter an unknown number of events. I would like to configure a tracker to do the following things: I would to implement a counter that is generated each time an event is filled so that when the number of visits hits 9, a message is triggered to tell the user to close the case/the enrollment and block user input if he tries to schedule more events for a tracked entity.(at visit 9, we should Ask user to complete program when stage is complete. I find it difficult to configure all this in repeatable stages)

Another problem I am facing is that a program rule to hide a program stage does not work if the stage is configured to auto-generate event.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Best wishes