Configuration of new dev environment for 2.37 Snapshot

Hello,

I have cloned the dhis2-core repository to my local pc and imported the project in my IDEA (Jetbrains if it matters). I successfully ran clean install of the whole project and I can see that dhis2.war was created in web-portal under target folder.

Now I want to run dhis-web-portal module from my IDEA with the command jetty:run-war. However, I get an error:

Scanning for projects…
[INFO]
[INFO] -------------------< org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-portal >--------------------
[INFO] Building DHIS Web Portal 2.37-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] --------------------------------[ war ]---------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> jetty-maven-plugin:9.4.38.v20210224:run-war (default-cli) > package @ dhis-web-portal >>>
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 0.425 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2021-04-19T09:38:06+05:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project dhis-web-portal: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-portal:war:2.37-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-commons:jar:2.37-SNAPSHOT: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.hisp.dhis:dhis-web-commons:jar:2.37-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.hisp.dhis:dhis:pom:2.37-SNAPSHOT in https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ossrh has elapsed or updates are forced → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] DependencyResolutionException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

There are jar file available for dhis-web-commons but somehow it throws me this error. Any ideas?

1 Like

What’s the JDK version that you’re using? Have you updated the JDK?

Maybe update everything… :smiley:

1 Like

I had JDK 8. After your suggestion I updated the JDK to 11, but still the same error. It didnt hlep

@Daler I think this will gone wonderful project for us. You have done a wonderful job. Thanks for doing this more reliable for us. :slightly_smiling_face: