Clear all entries in a data entry form

Hi, is it possible to clear all entries in a data entry form via the UI, using something similar to a ‘Reset’ button?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @dsurrao,

I don’t think there is! One sort of needs to go through each field and delete the values, right? I would really recommend that you create a feature request in Jira if you think this is a helpful idea and other CoP users who agree with you can add their vote. I will add mine!

Please let me know if you need any assistance creating the feature, Create a feature request. If you do, please add ‘CoP’ to the labels, and a link to the CoP post in the description then share the link here so other users can vote. :+1:

Hi @Gassim ,

Yes, currently you have to go through each field and delete the values.

I have created the feature request: [DHIS2-11551] - Jira

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @dsurrao! I added my vote, but I think there should be a confirmation question before everything gets deleted because no one would want to accidentally reset a dataset! :smiley:

BTW, what if one wants to delete the values of more than one dataset? For example, lets say I want to delete the values in datasets for July and August and only for specific OUs, but the question is are users really going to need this, right? On the other hand, the reset for one dataset is simple and can become handy so I agree with you @dsurrao! (:

Agree that there should be a confirmation question @Gassim, I have added that to the feature request.

And yes, a reset for just one dataset will be useful.

1 Like