Cannot view data elements when creating left and right side components of a validation rule

Dear All,

I am unable to view data elements when creating left and right side components of a validation rule. Any one faced this problem? Please support. I am using DHIS2 2.26. See screen shot attached.

Timothy Kiyemba

Cannot view data elements in 2.26.docx (172 KB)

You can see here

That the server is not reachable.

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Timothy Kiyemba tkiyemba@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All,

I am unable to view data elements when creating left and right side components of a validation rule. Any one faced this problem? Please support. I am using DHIS2 2.26. See screen shot attached.

Timothy Kiyemba

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@gmail.com
tel:+46764147049

Dear all,

Are there any rules with naming of data elements? is there a minimum number of characters acceptable? Are there any characters not accepted? I know the short names accept only a minimum of 50 characters but are there restrictions for the name attribute of a data element. I am just trying to figure out if that is the reason why my data elements cannot load under validation rules and even when I try to create data element groups. Could I have used very long names? or wrong characters? Any rules with creating data element names I need to be aware of? Please help.

Timothy

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Timothy Kiyemba tkiyemba@gmail.com wrote:

Dear All,

Timothy Kiyemba

Could it be a memory issue? What could be the cause of the server not being reachable?

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

You can see here

Dear All,

Timothy Kiyemba

Jason P. Pickering

Maybe its down? Blocked by a firewall?

This is not really a DHIS2 problem per se,You are just attempting to connect to the server and your browser cannot reach that address. Since its a private IP address (192.168.X.X) , perhaps you are simply not connected to the same local network?

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Timothy Kiyemba tkiyemba@gmail.com wrote:

Could it be a memory issue? What could be the cause of the server not being reachable?

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

You can see here

Dear All,

Timothy Kiyemba

Jason P. Pickering

Jason P. Pickering

Dear Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried to run this process afresh to view more clearer error messages. It looks like the previous ones included others that had been resolved. Please see attached. It seems to be pointing to something about data element operands. See screen shot attached.

Timothy

Cannot view data elements. I get an error message.docx (155 KB)

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

This is not really a DHIS2 problem per se,You are just attempting to connect to the server and your browser cannot reach that address. Since its a private IP address (192.168.X.X) , perhaps you are simply not connected to the same local network?

Jason P. Pickering

You can see here

Dear All,

Timothy Kiyemba

Jason P. Pickering

Dear Timothy,

My suggestions:

1. If you haven’t already, I suggest you upgrade to the latest build of 2.26 from https://www.dhis2.org/downloads. I have tried to reproduce your problem on the latest build of 2.26, and was unable to do so. I also tried to reproduce the problem on a build of 2.26 that I was running from May 2017, but also was unable to do so. Perhaps you are running on a different build from either of these.

2. If you are still getting this error in the latest build of 2.26, please look at the server logs and let us know what you find. Your latest screenshot shows an “internal server error”, so hopefully the server has logged more details in the error log.

Cheers,

Jim

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:50 AM, Timothy Kiyemba tkiyemba@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried to run this process afresh to view more clearer error messages. It looks like the previous ones included others that had been resolved. Please see attached. It seems to be pointing to something about data element operands. See screen shot attached.

Timothy

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Jason Pickering jason.p.pickering@gmail.com wrote:

Jason P. Pickering

You can see here

Dear All,

Timothy Kiyemba

Jason P. Pickering

Jim Grace
Core developer, DHIS 2

HISP US Inc.

http://www.dhis2.org

Thanks a lot Jim and Jason,

I have actually realised that the error message was due to a data intergrity violation I had. There was one category combination that was missing some options so it would not allow the list of data elements to be generated. Its working fine now. No problem with DHIS2.

Thanks

Timothy

···

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Jim Grace jim@dhis2.org wrote:

Dear Timothy,

My suggestions:

1. If you haven’t already, I suggest you upgrade to the latest build of 2.26 from https://www.dhis2.org/downloads. I have tried to reproduce your problem on the latest build of 2.26, and was unable to do so. I also tried to reproduce the problem on a build of 2.26 that I was running from May 2017, but also was unable to do so. Perhaps you are running on a different build from either of these.
  1. If you are still getting this error in the latest build of 2.26, please look at the server logs and let us know what you find. Your latest screenshot shows an “internal server error”, so hopefully the server has logged more details in the error log.

Cheers,

Jim

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:50 AM, Timothy Kiyemba tkiyemba@gmail.com wrote:

Dear Jason,

Timothy

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

Post to : dhis2-users@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-users

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Jim Grace
Core developer, DHIS 2

HISP US Inc.

http://www.dhis2.org

Jason P. Pickering

You can see here

Dear All,

Timothy Kiyemba

Jason P. Pickering