Can I setup calculated indicator for DE with different periods and datasets

I am trying to setup indicator for a calculated indicator for different period. Say for example:

a. Number of patient attended to times 12
b. Catchment area population times 0.04

Calculated indicator as a/b * 100.

a belongs to a dataset that is captured daily.

b belongs to another dataset that is captured yearly. I created a form to collect the catchment area population from each facility yearly and assign it as the denominator. The thing is we have about 10 DEs in the daily dataset that uses the catchment area population as denominator. So I felt is better to capture it once in a year as a DE.

I checked the data element value using the Data Visualizer app and get the data value.

But when I checked the indicator value in the Data Visualizer app it doesn’t return any value.

So I want to find out if I can I setup calculated indicator for DE with different periods and dataset?

Please did you try to run Analytics Tables export in the Data Administration app → Maintenance ? And then make sure to clear the cache!

Thank you!

@Gassim I have learnt to clear cache when I run into issues like this. Besides, I run the export as well as I can see all other indicators except this one.

1 Like

@jetisco4u the same data elements used in the indicator need to be in the dataset where the indicator appears. I think this is why it’s causing the indicator to not appear.

I have come to this conclusion so I have to redesign my custom data capture app. But now I have to add the catchment area population to a daily, monthly and quarterly form. The team wanted me to design a form that can be used to capture the catchment area population once a year and be able to use it in all indicators from different dataset and period. I figured it was not working so I added the DE to the separate forms. I tested the Indicators and they are working. At least for now we stick with this. Thanks

1 Like