Bulk Load problem with importing coordinates

Hello all,

I am currently trying out Bulk Load for importing and exporting program data. There was no problem with the OUs, attribute option combo, and all data values. It will not however import nor export latitude and longitude data. I am using DHIS2 v2.33 and Bulk Load v3.23. Has anybody ever encountered this or am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi @Chari

Welcome to the community! :tada:

Did you try the Import / Export app? Thank you!

Hi @Gassim,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the Import/Export app does not allow the attribute option combo (Implementing Partner in our case) to be included in the CSV for upload. Please refer to this post which is related to this issue.

I have been able to successfully import data with Implementing Partners using Bulk Load. However, it seemingly ignores the coordinate data.

Thank you for the help!

2 Likes

Hi @Chari

You could export the attribute option combo from the Metadata dependency export as JSON and convert it to CSV using a converting tool to be able to import it. The issue there I think was with importing as CSV when the export file is only in JSON but there’s a way to convert the JSON to CSV.

Tagging @ifoche for assistance with the Bulk Load app… Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank you @Gassim for your help.

@Chari when you say “will not import/export latitude/longitude data” do you mean that you have created a data element of type coordinate and it doesn’t work? or do you mean that you are trying to use the latitude/longitude fields that BL always place in standard templates?

The presence of those 2 fields is only for historical reasons. The organizations formerly using BL during its inception wanted to have also some place to note the latitude and longitude of the places they were registering data for. But those fields are not treated by the app, and so anything that is written there is just in the field and never reaches the system.

If you mean a coordinate type DE that you added to your metadata, then that is a different issue and we could provide support for it.

Best

1 Like

Hi @ifoche! Thanks for the reply and apologies also for seeing this late.

We are using the Capture app (and its built-in Coordinates field) to enter events without registration. I tried to import lat/long data in the lat/long fields in Bulk Load, but as you explained, those fields are just placeholders and do not reach the system.

Our workaround right now is to:

1.  Import data using BL to enroll data with the Implementing Partners category.

2.  Export using the Import/Export app.

3.  Update the exported data with the coordinates.

4.  Reimport data using Import/Export.

Is there a way to do this in one step?

Thank you!

Hi @Chari .

I asked the team and at this moment it is not fully implemented the event’s coordinates import. Those fields are used just to stay in the files and not transferred to DHIS2, but there is some code and past intention to implement it, so we are including this feature in the roadmap to be implemented soon.

You can, however, use coordinates-type data elements if that suits your use-case. Those should work in Bulk Load.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

2 Likes

Hi @ifoche

Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to the new release!

Kind regards,
Chari

3 Likes