Bug: with Template reminder message

I have a tracker module (Multiple event with registration) with four stages.

About 2 days ago, I created 3 template reminder messages for the registration and the 4 four stages, however yesterday, when I completed a stage and realized that no message was sent out; I looked at the program stages and found that template reminder messages for the program stages were missing.

I am attaching a copy of the template reminder message from my database just in-case there is anything

regards,

trackedentityinstancereminder.csv (12.7 KB)

···

Sam Kasozi
Information Systems Consultant
HISP Uganda | GHSI - Uganda MOH - PH Emergency Operation Center
+256 788 993565 | +256 757 662752

kasozis@gmail.com | skasozi@pheoc.go.ug | Skype: sam.kasoziug

Hi Sam,

I didn’t see the template messages which were created two days ago in your csv file. Just there are template messages created on 8/8/2014.

Can you check the log file if the template messages which you created were removed ?

Tran.

···

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Sam Kasozi kasozis@gmail.com wrote:

About 2 days ago, I created 3 template reminder messages for the registration and the 4 four stages, however yesterday, when I completed a stage and realized that no message was sent out; I looked at the program stages and found that template reminder messages for the program stages were missing.

I am attaching a copy of the template reminder message from my database just in-case there is anything

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Hi Tran, most of the message templates are old, however the ones in question are the last ones at the bottom of the list for VHF which begin with 'Please note… They were created 3 days ago (4/11/2014); which is about 3 days ago.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

+256 757 662752 | +256 788 993565 | kasozis@gmail.com | Skype: sam.kasoziug

···

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

The template messages with id 8024, 8023, 8026, 8021, 8020 were removed from program/program-stage.

Are you sure if the missing templates do not belong to the id list above ?

If the missing templates have program-id/program-stage-id, please give me more information for testing.

Tran.

···

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Sam Kasozi kasozis@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Tran, most of the message templates are old, however the ones in question are the last ones at the bottom of the list for VHF which begin with 'Please note… They were created 3 days ago (4/11/2014); which is about 3 days ago.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

On Nov 7, 2014 7:48 PM, “Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam)” tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Sam,

I didn’t see the template messages which were created two days ago in your csv file. Just there are template messages created on 8/8/2014.

Can you check the log file if the template messages which you created were removed ?

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Tran, find attached a list of the template reminder messages the still exist as well as those that are missing.

Somethings to note though:

• Date Created and Last Updated seem to be the same. For the older templates created earlier that i modified recently, i.e. created 201-8-8 and modified 2014 11-04 when i changed the template message format to beginning with ‘Please note that …’, the last updated date was not changed.

• Secondly, my assumption is that if i were to delete a template message reminder, then it would not appear in the database, unless i am mistaken.

For that reason, i believe there is a process that runs that either removes the program/ stage IDs OR a bug that prevents those fields from being saves the very first time the template is created.

P.s I had wanted to get you a copy of the dump, however i do not have access to the server at the moment.

regards,

Template reminder messages.docx (13.6 KB)

trackedentityinstancereminder.csv (4.61 KB)

···

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Sam,

The template messages with id 8024, 8023, 8026, 8021, 8020 were removed from program/program-stage.

If the missing templates have program-id/program-stage-id, please give me more information for testing.

Tran.

Sam Kasozi

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

On Nov 7, 2014 7:48 PM, “Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam)” tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Sam,

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Tran,

This same scenario has happened on the wemr.ug What i noticed was the program id is null. Like Sam says the deleted templates seem to remain in the database.

One other thing I have noticed is, It seems that program stages whose templates disappeared seem to send out reminders from other program stages.

···

Sam Kasozi

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Sam,

Tran.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi,

Could you please answer my previous email questions ?

Tran Chau.

···

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Emma Kassy ekassy29@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Tran,

This same scenario has happened on the wemr.ug What i noticed was the program id is null. Like Sam says the deleted templates seem to remain in the database.

One other thing I have noticed is, It seems that program stages whose templates disappeared seem to send out reminders from other program stages.

On Nov 8, 2014 12:05 PM, “Sam Kasozi” kasozis@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Tran, find attached a list of the template reminder messages the still exist as well as those that are missing.

• Date Created and Last Updated seem to be the same. For the older templates created earlier that i modified recently, i.e. created 201-8-8 and modified 2014 11-04 when i changed the template message format to beginning with ‘Please note that …’, the last updated date was not changed.
  • Secondly, my assumption is that if i were to delete a template message reminder, then it would not appear in the database, unless i am mistaken.

For that reason, i believe there is a process that runs that either removes the program/ stage IDs OR a bug that prevents those fields from being saves the very first time the template is created.

P.s I had wanted to get you a copy of the dump, however i do not have access to the server at the moment.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

HI Tran,

Yes, the IDs 8024, 8023, 8026, 8021, 8020 are among the missing templates

Template reminder messages

PROGRAM – VHF Suspect

8016 - VHF Registration – Notification to DRRT Team (Okay)

3139 - VHF Registration - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Okay)

384 - VHF Registration - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Okay)

STAGE 1 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Receipt

8017 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to DRRT Team (Okay)

8018 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Okay)

8019 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Okay)

STAGE 2 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results

8021 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to DRRT Team (Missing)

8023 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Missing)

STAGE 3 - VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt

VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to DRRT Team (Missing)

8020 - VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Missing)

STAGE 4 - VHF Spx Arboviruses Results

8024 - VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to DRRT Team (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Missing)

···

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Tran Chau.

Sam Kasozi

Hi Tran,

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

It means those template messages were removed by somebody.

Tran Chau.

···

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Sam Kasozi kasozis@gmail.com wrote:

HI Tran,

PROGRAM – VHF Suspect

8018 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Okay)

8019 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Okay)

8023 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Missing)

8020 - VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team (Missing)

Sam Kasozi

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

Tran Chau.

Hi Tran,

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Trau,

the problem seems to have reoccurred. I added the programstageid from the
database yesterday in the afternoon, however Some time at about 10:00am, i
realized that 3 messages for one stage and the 1 template message for
another stage were missing as shown below.

I am attaching the logs files modified from yesterday to sometime this
morning to check is there is anything that affects the message templates, a
csv file with the programid/ programstageids and the dump.

Yesterday after restoring the messages in the database, i navigated to the
system to the VHF program stages to confirm that the messages templates
were visible from the program stage. This morning, my activities included
troubleshooting the another Airport screening custom form. Later on when i
checked on the Message templates is when i realized that some were missing.

[image: Inline image 2]

If you can setup the dump on a server, monitor the activity for a day or 2,
i believe you might find some templates missing.

P.s the only people that logged into the system other than myself include:

1) Juliet - Doing Data entry for the Airport screening form
2) DHIS account - Authenticating the delivery of incoming messages into
the system

regards,

Sam Kasozi
kasozis@gmail.com | skasozi@pheoc.go.ug <kasozis@gmail.com> | Skype:
sam.kasoziug

···

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) < tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Sam,

Tran Chau.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Sam Kasozi <kasozis@gmail.com> wrote:

HI Tran,

*Template reminder messages*

PROGRAM – VHF Suspect

384 - VHF Registration - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team
(Okay)

8018 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to Alternative Phone
Numbers (Okay)

8019 - VHF Special Pathogens Receipt - Notification to Initial Alert
Response Team (Okay)

8021 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to DRRT Team
(Missing)

8023 - VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to Alternative
Phone Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Special Pathogens Results - Notification to Initial Alert
Response Team (Missing)

8020 - VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to Alternative Phone
Numbers (Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Receipt - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team
(Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to Alternative Phone Numbers
(Missing)

VHF Spx Arboviruses Results - Notification to Initial Alert Response Team
(Missing)

Sam Kasozi
sam.kasoziug

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) < >> tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Tran Chau.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Emma Kassy <ekassy29@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tran,
This same scenario has happened on the wemr.ug What i noticed was the
program id is null. Like Sam says the deleted templates seem to remain in
the database.

One other thing I have noticed is, It seems that program stages whose
templates disappeared seem to send out reminders from other program stages.
On Nov 8, 2014 12:05 PM, "Sam Kasozi" <kasozis@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tran, find attached a list of the template reminder messages the
still exist as well as those that are missing.

- Date Created and Last Updated seem to be the same. For the older
templates created earlier that i modified recently, i.e. created 201-8-8
and modified 2014 11-04 when i changed the template message format to
beginning with '*Please note that ...*', the last updated date was
not changed.

- Secondly, my assumption is that if i were to delete a template
message reminder, then it would not appear in the database, unless i am
mistaken.

For that reason, i believe there is a process that runs that either
removes the program/ stage IDs OR a bug that prevents those fields from
being saves the very first time the template is created.

P.s I had wanted to get you a copy of the dump, however i do not have
access to the server at the moment.

regards,

Sam Kasozi
sam.kasoziug

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) < >>>>> tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Sam,

The template messages with id 8024, 8023, 8026, 8021, 8020 were
removed from program/program-stage.

Are you sure if the missing templates do not belong to the id list
above ?

If the missing templates have program-id/program-stage-id, please
give me more information for testing.

Tran.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Sam Kasozi <kasozis@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Tran, most of the message templates are old, however the ones in
question are the last ones at the bottom of the list for VHF which begin
with 'Please note... They were created 3 days ago (4/11/2014); which is
about 3 days ago.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi
+256 757 662752 | +256 788 993565 | kasozis@gmail.com | Skype:
sam.kasoziug
On Nov 7, 2014 7:48 PM, "Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam)" < >>>>>>> tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Sam,

I didn't see the template messages which were created two days ago
in your csv file. Just there are template messages created on 8/8/2014.

Can you check the log file if the template messages which you
created were removed ?

Tran.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:29 PM, Sam Kasozi <kasozis@gmail.com> >>>>>>>> wrote:

I have a tracker module (Multiple event with registration) with
four stages.

About 2 days ago, I created 3 template reminder messages for the
registration and the 4 four stages, however yesterday, when I completed a
stage and realized that no message was sent out; I looked at the program
stages and found that template reminder messages for the program stages
were missing.

I am attaching a copy of the template reminder message from my
database just in-case there is anything

regards,

Sam Kasozi
sam.kasoziug

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

Hi Sam,

Thank you for informing this bug.

I will deploy a database with some template messages. And see if the template messages will be removed after couple day.

I am seeing your log file.

I will inform you when I find out the problem.

Best regards,

Tran Chau.

···

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Tran Chau (HISP Vietnam) tran.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Sam,

Tran Chau.

Sam Kasozi

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Sam Kasozi kasozis@gmail.com wrote:

HI Tran,

PROGRAM – VHF Suspect

Sam Kasozi

Hi,

Tran Chau.

Hi Tran,

regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

Regards,

Sam Kasozi

Hi Sam,

Tran.

regards,

Sam Kasozi