Hi, a quick summary of long discussions today.
The Indian team has
18 local modules
some functionality considered general related to data locking, orgunit type groupsets and embedded changelog info.
some functionality considered special for India related to filtering of datasets used for linelisting and a indicator scroll-bar
Code release is urgent. Code must be finished at 10th, tested and released at 20th. India codes must somehow be integrated with the global release as they need bug-fixes, GIS, and the Struts upgrade.
We agreed the ideal solution would be to (1) work on trunk by
- maintaining local indian modules in the /local/in folder
- implementing general requirements in trunk
- implementing special requirements in trunk through user/system settings, making them optional for other users
The next best solution would be to (2) create an Indian branch on launchpad from global version 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT by:
- implementing special requirements directly in the branch
- Lars will implement the general requirements in trunk which Indian team will merge into the branch.
We chose (2) because of the time pressure. This is anyway a great step towards integration and better than the current situation where the Indian code resides in a local SVN repository. Still, we decided to sit down and do (1) later this fall when we have more time available and can sit together.