Breaking the Glass - Support for visualizer apps or only tracker?

Hi all! This should be an easy question for experts: Is “breaking the glass” supported for ‘visualizations’ and ‘maps’ in general or just for tracker data?

Most examples/documentation I see is related to tracker - something we do not use (yet?).

In it’s simplest form, we want people from one organization unit to see visualizations only of their districts, but by break the glass they can see other districts…
I know this sounds strange, but this has to do with ‘kneed-to-know’ legalese and sparse numbers.

Have a sway day all!

Hi @gutorm

Yes, breaking the glass is only for tracker data; however, it’s possible to temporarily give only the “Data output and analysis” access on the OU that that the users will need to see visualizations for certain visualizations.

1 Like

@Gassim - So how would one give temporary access, hopefully by self-service?

Would one need to write a little app for it or does a privileged user need to ‘approve’ - by actually changing the visibility?

Anyone with experience on the topic?

Hi

I was thinking manually adding the user to a group with ‘read only’ access and then removing it when it’s no longer required, but this might not be as smooth as the Breaking the Glass process.

If needed to create a custom workaround for this, I imagine the self-service to be a script that any user with access can run and include the requested ‘visualization’/‘map’ but then this could also be misused to grant access to any favorite…

There might be a way to create an app for this too. However, if more community members have similar use cases that prove important then we could make a feature request (see ideas)!