[Branch ~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk] Rev 2318: DataSet Locking functionality - Improved

Please revert back all the changes as it is not working properly and functionality has been changed.

···

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM, noreply@launchpad.net wrote:

revno: 2318

committer: Hieu hieu.hispvietnam@gmail.com

branch nick: trunk

timestamp: Tue 2010-10-05 17:04:27 +0700

DataSet Locking functionality - Improved

added:

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/dataadmin/action/lock/ValidateCollectiveDataLockingAction.java

modified:

dhis-2/dhis-api/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/datalock/DataSetLockService.java

dhis-2/dhis-services/dhis-service-administration/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/datalock/DefaultDataSetLockService.java

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/java/org/hisp/dhis/dataadmin/action/lock/CollectiveDataLockingAction.java

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/resources/META-INF/dhis/beans.xml

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/dataadmin/i18n_module.properties

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/resources/org/hisp/dhis/dataadmin/i18n_module_vi_VN.properties

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/resources/struts.xml

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/webapp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/collectiveDataLockingForm.vm

dhis-2/dhis-web/dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/src/main/webapp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataadmin/javascript/datasetLockReport.js

The size of the diff (1146 lines) is larger than your specified limit of 1000 lines

lp:dhis2

https://code.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk

Your team DHIS 2 developers is subscribed to branch lp:dhis2.

To unsubscribe from this branch go to https://code.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/trunk/+edit-subscription

Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

Post to : dhis2-devs@lists.launchpad.net

Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs

More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

Hi Indian guys,

Could you please tell me more details on the problem is in India when using this improved one? More details is more clearly.

Anyway, I would like to present to you guys once again about the thing that i done.

REASON:

First, as before, I’d mailed to the list and say about the confusing things when using the old one. So, what i did see in it was that. There are too many button that separated to many other meaning (each button is each function). For example, “Lock all at level”, “Unlock all at level”, “Lock all at group”, “Unlock all at group”. And more two selectable options were that “Selected” and “Child tree”. Say again, each button is each separated function. BUT we had already had two main button were that “Lock” and “Unlock”. So, do you felt to tried of when using them? In my opinion, they were too complicated and too difficult to use.

In that mail, I suggested that WE should merge all of them like “Lock all at level” and “Lock all at group” into one button only that is “Lock” button (already existing) AND similar with the “Unlock” button. On the other hand, the orgunit tree has been improved faster and accuracy/persistence NOW. With this reason then we could remove “Selected” and “Child tree” too.

IMPROVED:

As you can see now its GUI. There are two main methods applyCollectiveDataLock() AND removeCollectiveDataLock(). Their content are still not changed, just move them to DataSetLockService to easy in maintenance and make the action class more clearly than.

TESTED:

I have being tested with many cases like this (with demo_database from Sierra)

1. one period - one dataset - one orgunit … WORKING PROPERLY

2. one period - one dataset - many orgunits…WORKING PROPERLY

3. many period - one dataset - one orgunit…WORKING PROPERLY

4. many period - one dataset - many orgunits…WORKING PROPERLY

5. many period - many dataset - many orgunits…WORKING PROPERLY

That’s all !

···

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Neeraj Gupta neeraj.hisp@gmail.com wrote:

Please revert back all the changes as it is not working properly and functionality has been changed.

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

God Helse !

Hi Hieu,

When clicking on Lock or Unlock Button it is giving “Something went wrong” message, there is some problem with bean.
OrgUnit tree loading has been improved definitely, but having Child tree and Selected option is good.

We have to release war file by Friday for Kerala for that we need a stable version. We have to test the war and then fix all the bugs before Friday, so we are suggesting not to update this functionality till Friday only.

···

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Hieu Dang Duy hieu.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Indian guys,

Could you please tell me more details on the problem is in India when using this improved one? More details is more clearly.

Anyway, I would like to present to you guys once again about the thing that i done.

REASON:

First, as before, I’d mailed to the list and say about the confusing things when using the old one. So, what i did see in it was that. There are too many button that separated to many other meaning (each button is each function). For example, “Lock all at level”, “Unlock all at level”, “Lock all at group”, “Unlock all at group”. And more two selectable options were that “Selected” and “Child tree”. Say again, each button is each separated function. BUT we had already had two main button were that “Lock” and “Unlock”. So, do you felt to tried of when using them? In my opinion, they were too complicated and too difficult to use.

In that mail, I suggested that WE should merge all of them like “Lock all at level” and “Lock all at group” into one button only that is “Lock” button (already existing) AND similar with the “Unlock” button. On the other hand, the orgunit tree has been improved faster and accuracy/persistence NOW. With this reason then we could remove “Selected” and “Child tree” too.

IMPROVED:

As you can see now its GUI. There are two main methods applyCollectiveDataLock() AND removeCollectiveDataLock(). Their content are still not changed, just move them to DataSetLockService to easy in maintenance and make the action class more clearly than.

TESTED:

That’s all !

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

God Helse !

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

Hi Neeraj,

I’ve fixed the problem with bean. If don’t mind please update the latest code at Rev 2324. Hopefully that, this last times will resolve the issue of India.

Sorry so much if disturb you guys.

···

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Neeraj Gupta neeraj.hisp@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Hieu,

When clicking on Lock or Unlock Button it is giving “Something went wrong” message, there is some problem with bean.
OrgUnit tree loading has been improved definitely, but having Child tree and Selected option is good.

We have to release war file by Friday for Kerala for that we need a stable version. We have to test the war and then fix all the bugs before Friday, so we are suggesting not to update this functionality till Friday only.

Hi Indian guys,

REASON:

IMPROVED:

TESTED:

That’s all !

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

God Helse !

Thanks,
Neeraj Gupta

God Helse !

Hi Hieu,

···

Standard Orgunit Hierarchy in India is:

India → State → District → Block → PHC/CHC → SC

In India, we need “Selected” and “Childtree” option as if i want to lock all orgunits under one district how can i do it now?

If i have Childtree option i can select District from the tree and i can select childtree option and will lock.

If you can add this option please do it, if not please revert back till saturday atleast, later u can do whatever u want.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Hi Bharath,

Hi Hieu,

In India, we need “Selected” and “Childtree” option as if i want to lock all orgunits under one district how can i do it now?
If i have Childtree option i can select District from the tree and i can select childtree option and will lock.

If you can add this option please do it, if not please revert back till saturday atleast, later u can do whatever u want.

Yes sure, i will do it right now. Will do it better than if possible. If not perhaps i am going to ask Lars to revert back. (sorry i could not do it by myself)

···

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:09 PM, bharath kumar chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

God Helse !

Hi Bharath

I see this stuff is being committed to trunk. I presume your are
going to make your kerala release off the 2.0.5 branch?

Regards
Bob

···

On 6 October 2010 11:09, bharath kumar <chbharathk@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Hieu,

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Hieu Dang Duy <hieu.hispvietnam@gmail.com> > wrote:

In that mail, I suggested that WE should merge all of them like "Lock all
at level" and "Lock all at group" into one button only that is "Lock" button
(already existing) AND similar with the "Unlock" button. On the other hand,
the orgunit tree has been improved faster and accuracy/persistence NOW. With
this reason then we could remove "Selected" and "Child tree" too.

India -> State -> District -> Block -> PHC/CHC -> SC

In India, we need "Selected" and "Childtree" option as if i want to lock
all orgunits under one district how can i do it now?
If i have Childtree option i can select District from the tree and i can
select childtree option and will lock.

If you can add this option please do it, if not please revert back till
saturday atleast, later u can do whatever u want.

--

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

More help : ListHelp - Launchpad Help

No, it's happening off trunk. So don't commit experimental stuff just now!

With the amount of bugs found, that might actually have been just as well, until now. I was hoping we could make a release branch soon, but let's see. The fact that india and global have separate release trains, is not ideal, either. But that's something we will have to look at coordinating better at a later stage. At least we have managed to get india back into trunk development.

Jo

···

Den 7. okt. 2010 kl. 02.06 skrev Bob Jolliffe:

Hi Bharath

Hi all,

Dataset Locking is now improved which is better than in usable. Tri has just upgraded the orgunit tree with more two selectable options “Select child” and “Unselect child”. Their function which are similar to the old ones “Selected” and “Child Tree”. And absolutely, I’ve applied this upgrading also in Locking.

Please update the latest source from trunk. I’d tested carefully and sure that this locking is working properly. Thought this locking should be upgraded more and more but not now. Hopefully that, you all will have a stable version war file to implement in Kerala. Good luck !

Thank you Tri again.

···

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Hieu Dang Duy hieu.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bharath,

Hi Hieu,

Yes sure, i will do it right now. Will do it better than if possible. If not perhaps i am going to ask Lars to revert back. (sorry i could not do it by myself)

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

God Helse !

God Helse !

Thats the plan which me and lars thought before, and we created one branch as well, but all the bug fixes are commited to Trunk and merging wont happend to this branch. then we thought to test Trunk itself.

···

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:06 AM, Bob Jolliffe bobjolliffe@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bharath

Regards

Bob

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Thanks Hieu and Tri.

···

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Hieu Dang Duy hieu.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Dataset Locking is now improved which is better than in usable. Tri has just upgraded the orgunit tree with more two selectable options “Select child” and “Unselect child”. Their function which are similar to the old ones “Selected” and “Child Tree”. And absolutely, I’ve applied this upgrading also in Locking.

Please update the latest source from trunk. I’d tested carefully and sure that this locking is working properly. Thought this locking should be upgraded more and more but not now. Hopefully that, you all will have a stable version war file to implement in Kerala. Good luck !

Thank you Tri again.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Hieu Dang Duy hieu.hispvietnam@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Bharath,

Hi Hieu,

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

God Helse !

God Helse !

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch

Yes, our pleasure !

···

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:00 PM, bharath kumar chbharathk@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks Hieu and Tri.

Regards,
Bharath Kumar. Ch