Backing up a copy of DHIS2 with locally collected data in the cloud

Hello community members,
I’m having a problem using DHIS2 to collect data for a project.
I’m using DHIS2 on Android-based tablets. I’m having problems synchronizing the data. Every time I launch the synchronization, I get an error message and the synchronization stops.

So I’d like to make a backup of the tablets (DHIS2 with the data collected locally and not synchronized) in the cloud and send the settings to the administrator in another country so that he can restore the copy (DHIS2 with the data I’ve collected and not synchronized) on a tablet in order to analyze the problem and solve it once and for all.

Does anyone have any experience of this kind of operation or any ideas on how I can back up the tablet with DHIS2 (containing the data collected but not synchronized)?

Thanks in advance

Hello @zana_sidi . What is the error you are getting? Is it due to a newtork error?

The solution you are proposing is something that we have considered in the past but we have not (yet?) implemented [ANDROAPP-2474] - Jira

Currently there is no official way to do this. The app (for security reasons) will prevent you exporting the database via any backup tool.

1 Like

Hi @jaime.bosque , thanks for your answer. That is very clear now.

Regards

1 Like