Automatically generated TEA not generating for approximately 1% of enrolled clients

We have a TEA that is used as a unique id, with the following definition:

However, we’ve noticed that the ID is not being generated for a small subset of clients. For example, on Jan 1, 2024, 666 clients were enrolled, and only 1 id was not generated.

Whereas on December 17th, 2024, 1330 clients were enrolled and 47 were missing ids (~3.5%)

Has anyone encountered this? Are there any best practices around generating unique IDs that we should be following?

Note, none of the data are being collected on Android, so reserved values should not be the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @kstankevitz

I understand from your question that this ID is not selected as Mandatory?

What do you mean by missing ids? Does that mean TEIs that don’t have an ID or that somehow the sequence was skipped? I’m guessing the later because you mentioned ‘reserved values.’

Additionally, what is the version of your DHIS2 instance?

Thanks!

Hi @Gassim,
The ID in question is mandatory, and it is meant to be automatically generated. However, when some TEIs are created, the ID does not get generated - it is just left blank.

We are on 2.39.3.1

Best,
Kayla

1 Like

Thanks Kayla!

May I ask how these TEIs are created? Are you using the API or the app directly? I’m guessing if you use the app directly, it will stop the user from proceeding with a mandatory field not being entered, but if it’s an API request, would be great to have a closer look at the request and try to reproduce it (step by step) using Postman.

So if it’s an API request, could you help me reproduce the issue on any of the play.dhis2.org instnaces?

Thanks!

They are using the app directly, not the API.