Arabic language issue in standard report using Jasper dhis2 v 2.40 [FIXED]

I have upgraded our dhis2 system to 2.40 for testing purpose, I noticed that the standard report (jasper report) which was written in arabic language have an issue. The arabic letters do not appear, Does this issue has a solution for that or has fixed this issue in other version.

1 Like

Hi @Ahme7d

Welcome back to the community! :tada:

Would it be possible to help me reproduce this issue on any of the play.dhis2.org instances? We don’t need the exact report, only a template as an example so we can see the working version and the version that’s not working.

Thanks!

Thanks Gassim :innocent:, I will create a template and send it to you so you can do the test on the dhis2 demo instances as you request.

Thanks again for you fast replay and the greetings too :grin:

Dear Gassim,

I have upladed the report (TFC Arabic Language) to two different versions :
1- 2.38.5 (report works fine)
url : DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone
2- 2.39.4.1 (report containes issues)
url :DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone

I hope you find the issue, I think it’s related to the new Jasper reports version.

Note : the issue is not just in 2.40 version actually it has been apeared from 2.39

1 Like

Hi @Ahme7d

Thank you for the report. I’ve created a Jira bug issue for the software team to have a look at: [DHIS2-16496] - Jira

Kindly, watch, add your vote, and comment if there are any additional details. Hope the ticket details the issue correctly.

Thanks!

Great news Gassim. I will add my vote and others to it.
Thanks’s again Gassim :pray:

1 Like

Hi @Ahme7d

Thank you for reporting the bug. Good news, it has been fixed: [DHIS2-16496] - Jira

It will be available in the next patch releases for 41, 40, and 39. :+1:

You can also test it here: DHIS 2 Demo - Sierra Leone

Thanks!

Great Great news @Gassim :grin:, thanks for the hard working dhis2 development team did and many thanks to you for the perfect follow up and all other tasks you do in the CoP.

When the new patch released I will update our dhis2 :+1:

1 Like