Applications Not Accessible

Hello All,
This issue has been noticed today, tried viewing logs, no error is showing. Some applications like Data Entry, Maintainance, even the About DHIS2 page is bringing an error similar to that in the screenshot, any pointers to this issue?

Tell more about this issue @kupa

• Which version are you using.

• Did you try restarting

• Do you have access to tomcat logs

• If you have access can you attach complete catalina.log file

Regards @jthomas
tail of the logs is given below.

Nov 17, 2020 7:04:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/shared/classes], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Nov 17, 2020 7:04:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [/usr/share/tomcat8/shared], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Nov 17, 2020 7:04:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina initDirs
SEVERE: Cannot find specified temporary folder at [/var/lib/dhis2/dev/temp]
Nov 17, 2020 7:04:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
WARNING: Unable to load server configuration from [/var/lib/dhis2/dev/conf/server.xml]
Nov 17, 2020 7:04:43 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap main
SEVERE: Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.

I am using version 2.34, restarting doesn’t seem to solve the problem. I am trying to work out the issue, a quick fix will be very helpful.

Can you share use the permissions of /var/lib/dhis2 and also the directory at which tomcat has set up.

Did you already do chown -R dhis:dhis <directory name>

@jthomas… just discovered someone deleted the config files over the weekend. Issues you get when access is given to more than one person.

1 Like

Uhm I see, but good atleast we found the issue. so we can see this issue as closed!

1 Like

@jthomas, yes Sir. Thank you for taking the time to help.