Appearing Zeros in Pivot Table

Hello,

I’ve realized a strange behavior in pivot tables I think might be a bug. I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on this …

If I have an indicator that has no data in it, I expect it to appear as blank in a pivot table. However once I add another indicator that has data for any given period, the first indicator appears as zero. The attached screen shots are of:

• TESTING_1_ZERO (an indicator that should be blank)
  • TESTING_2_ZERO (another indicator that should be blank)
  • TESTING_3_ZERO (an indicator that has data = 1)

Further, if I select the measure criteria in the table options to be >0, the table remains the same (with the zeros).

Why are these zeros appearing?

Thanks!
Lauren Fregosi

1_zero
2_zero
3_zero

2 Likes

Hi @lnfregos
I will tag @Scott to help answer these questions.

Cheers,
Emma

1 Like

Hi @lnfregos,

I totally agree that the result should be a blank cell when there are no values in the data elements. There is a big difference between a zero and a blank. It does look like a bug. What version of DHIS2 are you seeing this behavior?

@Emma_Kassy can you please work with Lauren to report this as a bug, and please tag me to it so I can get the QA team on it?

@Scott and @lnfregos
Track the JIRA issue here
@lnfregos please go ahead and add what version of DHIS2 you are working with.

Cheers,
Emma

Hello @Scott,
Trust you are fine. Is this already on the works?

Thanks,

Abumere

Hi @Abumere_Ejakhegbe and @lnfregos,

I have tried to recreate this issue in play.dhis2.org/2.32.4 but it appears to be functioning properly. It does not return a zero to the indicator that should be blank when an additional indicator is added the does have data.

Unfortunately, if we cannot reproduce the problem we are not able to solve it. Could you please provide us steps to reproduce this issue in play.dhis2.org/2.32.4?

Thanks so much,

Scott