Android Sync Error

Dear all,

I need support on the following sync error on android. Please help. I recently changed the android program sync setting to 10 events in all org units. I have been using this program for the past four years and did not change the data element specified in the error log. It by the way works on the web capture app.

@jaime.bosque please help on this I have people on the field collecting data but stopped by this error to send it.

Hi @Derebe . Is this happening in all the devices?

When you say you have changed the sync settings I am assuming you used the Android Settings Web App, right? Have you not changed the metadata of the DataSet / Program? Is there a way to see the error log? Maybe on the bottom right you have a check error log message? If yes please post it.

@jaime.bosque below is the error log. I did not make changes in the meta data. The only recent change is upgrade to 2.37 version. Yes, I used the android setting app. but also note that it works with the web capture app. Yes, it is happening all devices using the android app.

[{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:03:34 AM”,“errorComponent”:“ERROR”,“errorDescription”:“zzkYIKp0dsE is not a valid data element”,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:“”,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:“Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink “,“isSelected”:true},{“creationDate”:“Oct 6, 2022 9:02:57 AM”,“errorCode”:“FK”,“errorComponent”:””,“errorDescription”:"Missing DataSet EWv6Mij8dZk from DataSetOrganisationUnitLink ",“isSelected”:true}]

@jaime.bosque But just you know, I have created new users by replicating existing users previously in the instance.

It is very dificult for me to troubleshoot without knowing much. If there is a change you could provide testing credentials via private message?

Also, if you sync a phone for the first time are you getting the errors? Is this data element marked mandatory? We are talking about tracker / event program, no?

I just worked with the HISP Ethiopia team, and they figured that out. It was actually related to data element sharing. The data elements were not shared with the newly created users. When I replicated a user, I thought it would take the sharing setting with it, but which was not. Thank you for your support. Thank you @seidhus

2 Likes